INDOCHINA - Australia's involvement. (1 Viewer)

bjMaxx

What are the odds of an essay being entirely on Australian involvement in Indochina?
Coz, we really did shit all.
Our history is boring as hell.

s2ophie

HSC
I think there is very minimal in the course about Australian involvement. We did very minimal on them (maybe because that was when my teacher was away and we did no work!) The chances of getting a question entirely on them is slim to none.

All i know about Australian involvement is that they fought at Long Tan, 500 died and Australian's were generally better soldiers than the US because they had compulsory 3 week jungle training which the US did not have

Lolliana

i think its really unlikely
...i could write all of 2 paragraphs on australias involvement

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
It's not really specifically written in the syllabus is it? The only key feature where I see Australia mentioned is

the commitment of US and Australian ground troops and the social, economic,
political and military impact of their involvement for Indochina

That's the only dot point which specifically asks about Australia. I don't think they could ask you a question on it frankly, but it might not hurt if you could incorporate some info about Australian commitment in to your response.

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
i think theres v. little chance of that but u'd encorporate aussies in where u could, even just a sentence

but i doubt that they could give us an essay- we didnt do that much! my essay would be a page or 2 max

trousers

All you need to know about australia is our troops were a far better trained and more effective jungle fighting force than the Americans. That, and "all the way with LBJ".

There's no way you could get a whole essay on it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)