Indoor cricket competition anyone? (3 Viewers)

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
Well, the googly is easy enough. Flipper and top-spinner may be a bit harder, as is the slider. Still, a leg spinner who can do a googly or an arm ball (or whatever the equivalent for a leg spinner is) is dangerous enough =P

Besides, everyone will bowl two overs anyway - it's the nature of indoor cricket. And by the time you end up at UNSW, if you do end up coming, hopefully there'll be a competition set up. Otherwise, I can foresee just an Indoor Cricket Club and our 'activities' would consist of just going to the gym and playing some indoor cricket. It's like the Film Club - they watch movies, we play cricket =P

And if you want to play - you could always set up your own team! Captain your own side, be the future Ricky Ponting =P
Who wants to be the next Ricky Ponting now lol?

Sorry but I don't like the whole racial segregation thing. There would be uproar if to play in the Australian cricket team you had to be Caucasian say (which is ridicilous obviously).

Khawaja was at UNSW too, finished aeronautical eng apparently this year.
I love how he's a trained pilot as well. The Nine commentators couldn't stop going on about it.

As for the team, as Shadowdude said, it doesn't really matter who plays, the important point is fun.

To everyone here, we need MOAR pace bowlers!

HSC
Who wants to be the next Ricky Ponting now lol?

I love how he's a trained pilot as well. The Nine commentators couldn't stop going on about it.

As for the team, as Shadowdude said, it doesn't really matter who plays, the important point is fun.

To everyone here, we need MOAR pace bowlers!
I can bowl some medium pacers (including the cutters)!

This is so exciting, even though it's going to be quite a while 'til university.

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
I can bowl some medium pacers (including the cutters)!

This is so exciting, even though it's going to be quite a while 'til university.
So you're like, Paul Collingwood and his deceptive off cutters?

NB: Sad to see Colly retire btw.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Well... I may have to retire from my pro UNSW indoor cricket career before it even starts. I went into the nets yesterday and actually bowled in a full length field and found that it was very difficult to not only place the deliveries in the correct area, but actually bowl so that it doesn't bounce twice before hitting the line of the stumps <_<

Ah well. Practice will probably fix that. Just release it earlier in the action, I suppose...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)