Induction in 4unit (1 Viewer)

captainvagina

HSC
I have my half yearly this thursday and my teacher has told me that there will be a question involving induction and polynomials. Any ideas what the question would be like??
thanks

nottellingu

HSC
I have my half yearly this thursday and my teacher has told me that there will be a question involving induction and polynomials. Any ideas what the question would be like??
thanks
It's hard to predict because polynomials have such a large scope. It could be a straightforward or extremely tough. Just look over some harder 3u questions in past papers and have a go at those. Remember just stick to the basic prinicples and work around them. Often your mind tries to complicate 4u questions because you try thinking too much. Good luck! :)

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Prove by induction that a polynomial of degree n > 0 has exactly n complex roots (each counted according to its multiplicity)

:p

Affinity

HSC
Prove by induction that a polynomial of degree n > 0 has exactly n complex roots (each counted according to its multiplicity)

:p
Too hard.. will either need some theory of fields or complex analysis to do this.

captainvagina

HSC
thnx for the help guys
lol @ affinity and trebla when we were doing the fundamental theorem of algebra part of it was proving what Trebla said. But instead of actually proving it we wrote in our books "the proof is beyond the scope of this course". haha

cutemouse

Account Closed
HSC
N/A
thnx for the help guys
lol @ affinity and trebla when we were doing the fundamental theorem of algebra part of it was proving what Trebla said. But instead of actually proving it we wrote in our books "the proof is beyond the scope of this course". haha
You need Topology to prove it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)