Induction Question (1 Viewer)

smithers_hd

HSC
What the Hell? That was the hardest induction question Ive seen in an Ext1 exam yet, especially for a question 5! I was able to get out the Ext2 question 7 induction on Mon but i had no idea where to start. What did everyone else think?

lisraeli

HSC
Wasn't too bad... just had to add one and minus one get the the result in part i). I think I may have fudged the last line but I think I should get 3 for it, at least 2.

Sober

HSC
You had to use the previously proven equality. It was quite tedious I agree.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
smithers_hd said:
What the Hell? That was the hardest induction question Ive seen in an Ext1 exam yet, especially for a question 5! I was able to get out the Ext2 question 7 induction on Mon but i had no idea where to start. What did everyone else think?
It was tricky and messy, and was hard work for 3 marks. Enough said. :(

However, I did get it in the end. :D

Kahlalala

HSC
Considering I couldn't even show it for n=1...I pretty much fudged it....I pretended to prove each part and then wrote a wicked conclusion! Considering the middle part is only worth one mark, that's the way to go I reckon!

slix_88

HSC
smithers_hd said:
It wasn't really that hard. It was obvious from part (i)'s "show" question, that there was obviously some way you could incorporate it into proving the induction. It was short, but i reckon it all comes down to luck.

:D

silentprayer

silently praying
HSC
lol this induction question is definitely harder than the one in the 4u paper... just to prove n=1 took awhile which usually should be just 1 or 2 steps

but at the end it's still do-able providing no silly mistakes

roosterssuck

HSC
nah the induction question was fine, it was the bloody thing above it that was a pain in the arse...

mpar6704

HSC
Question wasnt hard just extremely time consuming. One for the 4u peoplez i guess.. .

HSC
mpar6704 said:
Question wasnt hard just extremely time consuming. One for the 4u peoplez i guess.. .
Yeah, compared to Monday's induction question, this one was a stroll in the park.

XcarvengerX

Chocobo
HSC
Didn't attempt :D

After 2 minutes of trying to prove true for n=1, I gave up, it is only 3 marks, I only have less than 30 minutes left and I haven't looked at Question 6 and 7, so skipped it and at the end have no time to go back... Hopefully 1 mark for rambling though...:D

toadstooltown

1337 }{4><
HSC
N/A
The induction question was actually really easy if you went about it in the correct way, which wasn't very obvious. i) could be done in 2 or so steps if you didn't expand but collect the LHS.
The hardest part of ii) was showing true for n=1. For n=k+1 I retardedly tried to prove LHS=RHS seperately but it could be done in about 5 lines if you put them together and just made them look like i). However these were the most obvious things to do and it took up a lot more time than it should've.

raikkonen_rulez

HSC
The hardest bit was to prove it was true for n=1, from then on it was easy.

I was trying to write too quickly and shorten a lot of steps since i had 5 mins left, so I'm not sure if the examiner can read my writing.

CheekyPunk

HSC
hmmmm, i got it, though, i rushed over proving for n=1, i think i will lose one mark :(

f261120

HSC
Kahlalala said:
Considering I couldn't even show it for n=1...I pretty much fudged it....I pretended to prove each part and then wrote a wicked conclusion! Considering the middle part is only worth one mark, that's the way to go I reckon!
i love you.

i wrote out each step then wrote my conclusions... lol... almost felt like writing "as you can see in the extensive work, it is clearly true for n=1"

Damn MX1... lets hope i do better in the other 11 units :p

B35tY

HSC
Well aren't you a lucky fuck. I got it in the end, but it was certainly one of the hardest inductions i've ever seen (which might not mean much, i'm only a 3U student)

konstantine'

HSC
LottoX said:
I've this question before somewhere in the Harder 3 Unit preparation I did for my 4 unit exam. =p
Haha that's pretty lucky. I reckon the question was a pain for just 3 marks. I had to keep rewriting certain lines because I got mixed up with all the thetas and 'n's and what not. Do-able but time consuming.

abcd9146

HSC
the only reason it was 'easier' was cos it had that first part... if that first part wasn;t there, then i could've sat there for 2 hours answering that one question -_-'' and only for 3 marks... :/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)