Industrial Chem (1 Viewer)

Nedzy

I am needing help in the topic Industrial Chemistry, We are doing an assessment on "soap" and i need to compare the molecular structure of fats and oils, can anyone help me?:(

~[TaLeC]~

It's all in textbook...it should give you structural formulae...in which case you'll notice the structures are similar, except that oils have double bonds which means they're unsaturated....
but yeah...rather than writing up the formula...check textbook...

JOhnNiLiCiouS

HSC
What do you guys think about the industrial chem elective??

I personally reacon its pretty good... just memorise heaps of stuff. and reguritate it back out. Good how its expands on quite a few things in the core.

~[TaLeC]~

Industrial chem isn't so bad...I was actually hoping my school would do forensic chem...which although is a bit harder, would be interesting enough to make you want to learn it...

But yeah...we made our soap today....not bad...but also not much...

enak

Limbo
HSC
N/A
I don't like this topic, soo many diagrams and processes to remember. I haven't seen any other electives, so I can't say if I would of liked them more.

JOhnNiLiCiouS

HSC
Quite a lot of it follows on from the core, thats why I like it. But I think this elective is pretty straight forward and not too difficult

We made soap today too! heh, I was told that it'd smell heaps bad but was disappointed to find that it wasn't... probably because we only used 10mL oil... think fat would smell more... hmmm....

Nedzy

I am making my soap tomorrow, it is for an assessment task though so pretty full on.
I wanted to do Foresnic Chemistry but i have decided that I like this topic better... also I wanted to do Chemistry of art, but my industrial chemist teacher didn't want to.

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
I suggest looking in an old encylopaedia around 1961 or World Book 1996. Try looking in search engines. l'm doing the same assessment and l had a lot of trouble finding future chemical research on soap and the problems. I suggest you could try and put down the problems as increased demand and that we will soon run out of materials in the near future?

I have to do a presentation on it, about 5 mins, so far its only about 1 minute.

Good luck and l hope all goes well!

Nedzy

I CAME FIRST IN MY ASSESSMENT TASK YIPEEE :D
Thanx guys, i finally handed in the assessment task and got it back and I CAME FIRST!!!
I am happy- very happy (in case u didnt realise ;))

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)