• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Info: Bachelor of Information Technology ? (1 Viewer)

mayanaise

HSC
Hey,

If any of you guys do this course, can you give
me a low down of what its like?

Is it a good IT course ;ect and how many hours do you have to attend to uni
for that course. So the GOOD and BAD..ha ha

btw; how long does it take approx (say if I were to catch the train) from Chatswood to the Campbelltown campus?
and from Paramatta to the Campbelltown campus?

Thankyou.

klh

HSC
well as a former cit student, let me give you the lowdown on IT, from one of the professors....IT is a debateable terminology, but at UWS you ahave a B Computing, BIT and B Computing science, and basically B Computing sciecne is all about programming, B computing is computers applied to business and BIT is a bit of both. i did a BTech (It support) so i dont know aobut nay of these courses on an experiential level but i stopped doing cit courses as i hate prgramming. So firstly you must understand that in the computing industry, if you want to ge tanywhere at all, you need to do programming, i did c++ but im sure that you will progresssively learn java. ANyway, it sup to you whether you want to be a programmer, business IT or a bit of both. THe adviser told me that i should choose according to the majors i wanted to do, so either programming ones or like web desing, e business etc.

hope it helps

edit: sorry i cant correct any of the spelling mistakes, my fingers have gone lazy and im also too lazy to correc thtem :) im usually moree legible...

Last edited:

mayanaise

HSC
Thanks for you help, hmm I was thinking of a more business orientated degree..
so would you suggest that I do the B Computing at Parra or the BIT at Campbelltown.

klh

HSC
urls to visit: B Comp and B IT, at the bottom of th epage are some lists of majors, note that they have some common majors but they have diffrent ones to cater for diffreing requiremnts of the majors.
EIther one i s the pick, it depends on what you want to do: i.e. Business Information Systems

Computer Systems

Computing Studies

Data Communications

E-Business

Software Development

Systems Analysis and Design

Systems Programming

Web Development
or
* Systems Analysis and Design
* Web Development
* Software Development
* Systems Programming
* Data Communications
* Networked Systems

B COmp has more computer and mathematical subjects, B IT is less intensive form of B COmp...it depends on what oyu want to do, they dont hamper you but the B Comp has accreditation.

take your pick and good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)