Info bout BA (1 Viewer)

purplemonkey

HSC
Can anyone tell me what to expect the first few weeks of a BA? When do we start studying our majors? Is Asian Studies hard? How? Lots of assignments or anything?

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Be prepared for a tonne of essays. Each subject you'll get 3 or 4 essays, and you do 4 subjects, so your looking at about 10 or so essays each semester, some subjects might have exams others don't. Also, I know foundations of Asia has a tonne of reading that needs to be done.

The first few weeks are pretty crusiey, until about week 4, when all the assignments piling up when they are due.

Jacks

HSC
As a first year you should expect an introductory week where you get unit outlines explaining what each unit is about and what will be learnt/due each week. Usually they try and ease you into it the first week and everything will be explained to you. Your first tutorial for each unit should be the time you ask all the questions you have. You should expect a lot of reading and a lot of essays and assignments...but it's definitely not "hard" if you manage your time and apply yourself. You will find some aspects harder than others, but if you ask questions and seek help when you need it, you'll be fine.

Jacks

HSC
I'm sure of all the majors as I do communications but I know you can major in english, text and writing (which is also a major within comm) which includes all sorts of writing classes, philosophy etc. You can major in Languages, Psychology...you name it! The list of subjects is extremely broad...but all that will be explained to you when the time comes for you to choose what you'd like to major in. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)