Informatics subjects (1 Viewer)

benno22

HSC
N/A
hi,

time to choose electives again, just wondering if anyone has done these subjects, and if you have what did you think of them? would you recommend them as an elective?

BUSS308 - Information Systems Management
BUSS317 - Business Programming IV
IACT303 - World Wide Networking
ITCS301 - Exploiting Collaborative Technologies

If you have done them and also got the subject outline available, can you private msg me so i could get them off you.

thanks,
ben.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
benno22 said:
BUSS308 - Information Systems Management
BUSS317 - Business Programming IV
IACT303 - World Wide Networking
ITCS301 - Exploiting Collaborative Technologies
I was considering doing a couple of those subjects this session but I have decided to completely avoid any subject that is even remotely technical.

Kebabci Oglu

Professional member
HSC
ye tru, if ur not doing comp sci or any other computer/it related degree dont do IT subjects especially programming ones they are very hard. But i think data base type subjects shouldnt be too bad.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Kebabci Oglu said:
ye tru, if ur not doing comp sci or any other computer/it related degree dont do IT subjects especially programming ones they are very hard. But i think data base type subjects shouldnt be too bad.
My degree is computer based but theory type subjects are just so much easier, at least that I have noticed. I'm not doing any computer related subjects this session they are all commerce. IACT ones aren't bad but CSCI and BUSS subjects are way too technical for me.

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
Kebabci Oglu said:
why avoid IACT subjects? i have to do some.
They are easy subjects, you just don't learn anything useful.

EDIT: of course what I say is a sweeping general statement, which should be taken with a grain of salt.

Last edited:

jflores

HSC
I've taken a huge dislike to IACT subjects merely because I find it hard to remember the concepts in where they have an exam. I absolutely prefer CSCI subjects over IACTs now. Anyway IACT303 is a joke. I did it in 2005 Spring. Just do well in the assessments (bloody essays) and the labs (pretty straightforward) and the exam (which was like 90 multiple choice when I did it).

Kebabci Oglu

Professional member
HSC
IACT303 world wide networking, what do you do in that, and what lab task did you do? just curious. Also have u done ecte182 internet technology?

iamsickofyear12

HSC
I try to avoid any subject that has labs.

Kebabci Oglu said:
IACT303 world wide networking, what do you do in that, and what lab task did you do? just curious. Also have u done ecte182 internet technology?
Ecte182 sucked when I did it. The lab people were completely useless and didn't help at all, so basically we just guesses at the lab questions.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Kebabci Oglu said:
so did you have to do 3hr practicals? if so what did u do in the 3hrs???
Once you get the work done you can leave. It never took me 3 hours. At most it probably took an hour and a half. Sometimes it only took 15 - 30 minutes.

Kebabci Oglu

Professional member
HSC
Mad thats alright, so what do you actually do? set up stuff, electronics? sorry for all the questions, its just that im gonna do it in spring so i just an idea of whats it about.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Kebabci Oglu said:
Mad thats alright, so what do you actually do? set up stuff, electronics? sorry for all the questions, its just that im gonna do it in spring so i just an idea of whats it about.
It's nothing interesting, at least it wasn't when I did it. You just do questions on the computer. I only remember a lot of them were related to different bandwidth graphs that were never really explained to us in lectures or labs.

Kebabci Oglu

Professional member
HSC
Oh is that it, im disapointed i was expecting more practical stuff. Thanks for the info. By the way what course u do at uni? I.T?

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Kebabci Oglu said:
Oh is that it, im disapointed i was expecting more practical stuff. Thanks for the info. By the way what course u do at uni? I.T?
It is kind of practical but you don't actually physically mess around with hardware, unless they have changed the subject since when I did it.

information and communication technology

cjwrighty

Look out UOW here I come!
HSC
I am doing B ICT as well, doing a major of Network and Systems Management. In my first year :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)