Information on Late Round Offers (1 Viewer)

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
From USyd Website:

I have received a Main Round offer, can I accept my offer and also change preferences for consideration in the Late Round?

Yes. If you wish to be considered for other courses in the Late Round, UAC would advise you to accept your Main Round offer and also lodge a change of preference for the Late Round. You do not jeopardise your chances of receiving a Late Round offer by accepting your Main Round offer.

You can add courses or shuffle the order of your preferences for the Late Round via the InfoLine until Friday 23 January 2004. You do not need to change your preferences if you want to be considered for preferences higher than your offer. Eg, if you receive a Main Round offer for your 3rd preference, you will automatically be considered for your 1st and 2nd preferences again in the Late Round if those courses still have vacancies.

Do not assume you will receive a Late Round offer. Not all universities make Late Round offers to all courses - it depends on whether there are vacancies after the Main Round. The cut-off for a course in the Late Round could be less than, greater than, or the same as the cut-off in the Main Round.

mic

Chronic Burper
HSC
N/A
thanx mclake!

i wasn't sure about what happens in the late rounds

David27

From memory, at least with the most 'prestigous' unis, the late round cut offs were minimum 90's for BA's at USYD & UNSW etc.

louise18

what about cut offs for engineering at uts....

they where 74&75 for the main round will they go up much???

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by craz
so say I accept a first round offer in Victoria and then decided to change to another course I couldn't because I accepted that offer?
na, u accept the first round, and apply for second round, and if u get into a course in the second round, then u can cancel ya first round offer. :)

sukiyaki

emptiness
HSC
damnit i cant fidn the late round file on the uac site =/

how do we lodge a change of preference for the Late Round?
by the site right?
im so lost

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
i dont know if you can do it by the site because mc lake said the infoline, so i am not sure

sukiyaki

emptiness
HSC
the uac site says "any change made to preferences will be considered for late round"

so basically i change my preference? Would i still be able to maintain my main round offer if i accepted it?

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by sukiyaki
the uac site says "any change made to preferences will be considered for late round"

so basically i change my preference? Would i still be able to maintain my main round offer if i accepted it?
yep u can keep ya main round offer.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
macquarie uni said the uai cut off for all their next round of offers is going to be 90

JRasnier

but if the uais for late round are 90s, then wouldnt ppl above 90 only be accepted, but for ppl that got above 90s they would of got there first prefence, anywayz, so they wouldnt have any need to change preference anywayz, only unless they didnt change preferences before the last day to be considered in the main round....really dont see the point of it being uai of 90+ when they would of got first preference, really dont...

Last edited:

helpoutt

i always thought the UAI would go down for late round.......I just missed out by 0.10 for fee paying in the main round. DO u think i have chance of being accepted for late round???

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
The UAI's for HECS places usually go way UP because there are very limited vacancies available, and people with high UAI's do change their preferences, resulting in high demand for less places, which therefore raises the cutoff

Originally posted by helpoutt
i always thought the UAI would go down for late round.......I just missed out by 0.10 for fee paying in the main round. DO u think i have chance of being accepted for late round???
U have a chance...check the 2003 main and late round cutoffs for ur course to see if it went up or down last year.
Combined Law at Sydney went from about 98 in the main round to 95 in the late round

choosen

sunny
HSC
N/A
hi

just wondering if i wanted to be considered for late round offers but i've already accepted my main round offer can i like completely take out my main round offer's course out of my preference or do i still needa keep it in as one of my preferences

thanks

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by choosen
hi

just wondering if i wanted to be considered for late round offers but i've already accepted my main round offer can i like completely take out my main round offer's course out of my preference or do i still needa keep it in as one of my preferences

thanks
u can take it out if u want - since u've already accepted the offer

choosen

sunny
HSC
N/A
ooo serz kols thanks was scared that if i do that i mite not get in that course afterwards

well yea thanks heaps

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)