• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Information on the Advanced French A+B course? (1 Viewer)

gentletroll

HSC
I'm in year 12 and I do French continuers. I really enjoy it and I am also quite good at it, so I want
to continue with it at UNSW as my Gen Ed units (I'm considering B Mechanical Engineering).

Can you do Advanced French A + B (ARTS3480 and ARTS3481 respectively) for Gen Ed if
you have done French Continuers (they exclude continuers from intermediate and beginner,
so I would've thought yes. Just checking though)?

If so, how hard are the advanced courses (or equivalent advanced courses for another language)
and are they any good?

Thank you in advance. :)

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
Judging by your username, I doubt you're legit. I will give you the benefit of the doubt.

According to the UNSW Handbook, ARTS3480 has a pre-requisite of ARTS2481, which is the Intermediate French B. Like you pointed out, they have an exclusion of French Continuers and Extension. If I'm assuming correctly, they would need you to have completed the Extension course as well.

However, you could probably be deemed strong enough in the language if you spoke to one of the course coordinators and they might give you some sort of special permission to enter the class, supposing your marks are high enough or that you can demonstrate fluency and ability. Don't put money on that, though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)