• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Information System IN Context Diagram help (2 Viewers)

WhoseAdam

HSC
Hi all
I have a tps assignment and I need to make a information in context for ticketek's web ticketing system (basically purching tickets on their website) I dont really understand how to do it like the difference between the users and participants. Any help is greatly apricated thank you

Attachments

Last edited:

cossine

HSC
Hi all
I have a tps assignment and I need to make a information in context for ticketek's web ticketing system I dont really understand how to do it like the difference between the users and participants. Any help is greatly apricated thank you
Without knowing the exact context diagram appeared in it is hard to say. But if I were to have guess, the participants are helping information system function. Basically they are carrying out the procedures. In contrast the users are the customers

WhoseAdam

HSC
Without knowing the exact context diagram appeared in it is hard to say. But if I were to have guess, the participants are helping information system function. Basically they are carrying out the procedures. In contrast the users are the customers
do you know if you have to write anything for boundary?

wizzkids

HSC
Definitions:
PARTICIPANTS
: the personnel who actually have responsibility for inputting, retrieving, transmitting, processing, transforming and reporting the data in the system. Participants are people who have a stake in the efficient operation of the information system.
INDIRECT USERS: the personnel who initiate data for the system by making purchases or placing ticket enquiries or bookings. Indirect users do not touch the hardware and software of the information system directly. They may interact through a website for example.
USERS: the personnel who interact with the information system during its intended function, i.e. they may place booking requests, they may send reports to customers, they may create events and performances, or they may query the system to answer questions. Users are a sub-set of Participants.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)