Information Technology (1 Viewer)

Seed_Strife

HSC
Piss Easy is the only 2 words which can properly justify this exam. The multiple choice, the responses, the short answer questions they were all a joke...

DJGerber

3rd Year BIT @ UTS
HSC
deadnature said:
1b
2c
3c
4b
5d
6d
7c
8a
9c
10d
11a
12d
13c
14b
15d
Wow, I agree with all of those. Except Question 7.
"At a large public meeting you need to display your business plan (including graphs and charts) for expanding a company. Which package allows you to provide the most comprehensive display?"
Database, Presentation, Spreadsheet, or Word Processor.

I said Presentation (PowerPoint) because it does allow you to include graphs and charts and is suitable for a large public meeting - where as showing a spreadsheet isn't the industry standard for displaying information to a large public audience.

DJGerber

3rd Year BIT @ UTS
HSC
I don't know if anyone else did this, but I jotted down the names of the people in order for the first short answer question, so if anyone else has it, I got:
M
J
L
E
Ch
Cl

b_d8

Smurfette
HSC
Multi-choice

Mine are:
1. a
2. c
3. d (because it's talking about the workplace... and that means the mission statement would be targeted at the workers. if it was talking bout the company then it would be c)
4. b
5. c (i couldn't decide between c and d)
6. d
7. b
8. a
9. c
10. d
11. a
12. d
13. c
14. b
15. a (if a new user is experiencing basic difficulties they would need to look at a help screen... because how would they know where to go to find the wizard)

all in all, the exam was really good!!! :p

stoydgen

Shiftius Curry
HSC
I thought the exam was pretty easy, i hope we dont get scaled down coz everyone i know (including tha class dumbasses) thought the same... ah well IM FREEEEEEEEEEEE :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

cozimblack

cozimblack
HSC
Hey Guys!

I just wanted to know what u guys put down for that table you know with the CD-Rom, Floppy, and Tape....

What did u guys put for the "Access Method"....i had no idea!!.......well a little, but i had no idea how right it was !! hehe

IM JUST GLAD ITS ALL OVER...........CHILLIN' HERE I COME!! :) :) :) :)

lexii

I found most of the previous IT exams to be relatively piss easy, but just look at the percentage of band 6's 0_o.

b_d8 said:
3. d (because it's talking about the workplace... and that means the mission statement would be targeted at the workers. if it was talking bout the company then it would be c)
A mission statement outlines a company's overall "vision".

P.S WHO CARES!!! YAY FREEDOM!!!!!

Wild Dan Hibiki

teh sex0r
HSC
lol i found out that the access method was like random access and sequential. LOL i wrote down like the cd-rom uses lasers n crap. ROFL stupid me. i was expecting a variety of ext. response q mediums but im not really complaining. wtf kinda OH&S procedures can u write for storing documents? WTF was that about?

kofmaster

band cut off

yeah i agree that was a pritty easy test
what do u think the band 6 cut off mark will be
a friend said because it was that easy probably around 76/80 what do u guys think

ryaneco

HSC
lexii said:
I found most of the previous IT exams to be relatively piss easy, but just look at the percentage of band 6's 0_o.

A mission statement outlines a company's overall "vision".

P.S WHO CARES!!! YAY FREEDOM!!!!!
Yea thats ture but the question asked a mission statement for the WORKPLACE. I thinks workplace being the key word would mean the answer was D, anyway thats what my teacher said, he marked my multiple choice when i got out of the exam and i got 14/15. The only one he was unsure about was #15 i put down Wizard instead of helpscreen, and i still maintain thats correct lol, because the question said, what function would "assist" her, a wizard assists people, everyone disagrees with me but me lol.

Congrats guys, its all over now.

Wild Dan Hibiki

teh sex0r
HSC
heres what i got for MC can someone mark it for me... if its a crap mark dont tell me LOL:
1. b
2. b
3. c
4. c (fuck!! i just realized i read it wrong, so i guess the answer is b)
5. d
6. d
7. b
8. d
9. c
10. d
11. a
12. d
13. c
14. b
15. d

ryaneco

HSC
Wild Dan Hibiki said:
heres what i got for MC can someone mark it for me... if its a crap mark dont tell me LOL:
1. b
2. b
3. c
4. c (fuck!! i just realized i read it wrong, so i guess the answer is b)
5. d
6. d
7. b
8. d
9. c
10. d
11. a
12. d
13. c
14. b
15. d
1. Correct
2. Incorrect - C
3. Incorrect - D
4. Incorrect - B
5. Correct
6. Correct
7. Correct
8. Incorrect - A
9. Correct
10. Correct
11. Correct
12. Correct
13. Correct
14. Correct
15. Correct/incorrect? If incorrect - A

These are based on the marks of my teacher. Q 15 my teacher thinks is wrong but i still think its wizard, because the question asks "assists" thats what wizard does it assists but hey

10/15, 11/15 is still an decent mark.

DJGerber

3rd Year BIT @ UTS
HSC
ryaneco said:
3. Incorrect - D
Okay, the mission statement. I hardly think "Improve the safety conditions around work stations for staff" is a suitable workplace mission statement. You don't "aim" to create a safe workplace - you just do it because it's the law. If I walked into a company and saw that mission statement on the wall, I would walk out straight away. No company should need to create a mission statement to improve safety.

Another option there is 'reduce the number of supervisors' which I think is incorrect as supervisors are there for a reason, and removing them would suggest you're going to remove the people below them as well - suggesting downsizing, which you wouldn't find in a mission statement.

That leaves 'Reduce the number of help desk calls' and 'Strengthen the company's reputation with clients'. Now, I answered the latter however I now think the former is the correct answer. In your typical multiple choice question, they will give you 4 choices, two or three of which are possibly correct, and one or two which are just not correct at all. Three of the options were related to internal operations of the company, with only one relating to external operations (the one which refers to clients). So I'm inclined to think that 3.B. is the correct answer with 3.C. being the next best one. It all depends on your definition of "-workplace- mission statement".

rckl

HSC
someoen mark pls:
1.b
2.c
2.c
4.c
5.d
6.c
7.b
8.a
9.c
10.d
11.c
12.d
13.d
14.b
15.a

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
you got them all wrong rckl. 0 UAI for you.

deadnature

HSC
rckl said:
someoen mark pls:
1.b
2.c
2.c
4.c
5.d
6.c
7.b
8.a
9.c
10.d
11.c
12.d
13.d
14.b
15.a
1 correct
2 correct
3 correct (controversial answer)
4 incorrect B
5 correct
6 correct
7 correct
8 correct
9 correct
10 correct
11 incorrect (numerous copies could mean many many copies i.e. >1)
12 correct
13 incorrect
14 correct
15 incorrect (off my answers but another controversial question)

I wouldn't take these to be the exact answers but it gives you an idea. Give or take a couple of marks for an approximate result.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)