Initial consolidation of Nazi power 1933–1934 Syllabus (1 Viewer)

lilsxcwog89

Lazy Ass
HSC
2 The rise of the Nazi Party
– rise of the Nazi Party (NSDAP) from 1923
– Hitler’s accession to power
– initial consolidation of Nazi power 1933–1934

What notes would you include in this particular dotpoint.

Is it just how he abolished trade unions and got rid of opposition.

hangerm5

HSC
pretty much you are looking at all the steps taken by the Nazi's to ensure there was no opposition to the regime so the abolition of trade unions is a good start, you should also look at things such as abolition of other political parties, the treatment of religion and the catholic church (breaking of the concordat) and the ''arrangements'' made with protestant churches, etc censorship etc. On that note, the cultural aspects of the Nazi regime are very important to the consolidation of Nazi power as culture was used to ''brainwash'' the german people by reaffirming Nazi ideals so its worth considering. You could also include things like the youth groups which were used to entrench the regime's ideas in the minds of the young and ensure support from undereath....do you know what i mean?

hangerm5

HSC
Taking a step back from everything i just wrote, in the initial consolidation of power dont discount the very real threat of violence.

If you get the oppurtunity try and watch Hitler:The Rise of Evil. This is a fairly accurate portrayal of events and establishes the atmosphere of the time quite well. There are some superb performances in this series as well. I dont recomend this as your only port of call for research but it does provide one perspective that you might like to look from and might set you on track for other ideas.

lilsxcwog89

Lazy Ass
HSC
Thanks once again hangerm5 you help is of much appreciation

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)