Initial D (1 Viewer)

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
LMF^^ said:
Haha funny how Chapman said to Jay that all the ppl who have sat next to him in a car have gon on to become best actorz (ie Tony Leung) and he actually got hypo becauz of that.

So Chapman goez back to the director and said to him: we've got an idiot here.
yeah he confesses that he's obsessed with himself. apparently he doesn't listen to anyone else's music but his own

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
cherryblossom said:
yeah he confesses that he's obsessed with himself. apparently he doesn't listen to anyone else's music but his own
Hahaha
What a stooge

(^o^)

you stupid crap! *slaps*
HSC
cherryblossom said:
Aww shit.
I don't like him as much now.

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
thats right girls!! hate him...and then come visit me ;)

supercharged

HSC
N/A
Given the diversity in the actors backgrounds, what language is the movie filmed in? Are there any english sub-titles?

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
set in japan, filmed in cantonese (jay speaks it, but kinda stilted; anne suzuki is dubbed), english subtitles

Serious Performance
HSC
N/A
I thought it was really inaccurate at a lot of points. Like Seiji (Evo IV) and I forgot the other emperor team member's name (with the Evo III) were never the sort to try and ram others, they were always about respecting others in a race.

Also, Nakazato never drifted in the GT-R. In fact, the whole race with him and the 86 in the anime was about him using GRIP and how he thought grip was superior to drift.

Thirdly, Ryosuke was never the type to hang around and bug Takumi and Bunta about various things - he'd always keep to himself and say or do something when the time is right. There was also never a race with 3 cars (the one involving 3 cars in the anime was because Ryosuke was the spectator in the FC), but I understand they did this due to compressing the plot in time constraints (this I believe is also why the had Takumi's engine blowing in a race at Akina, and not Akagi).

ALSO I think it was interesting that they developed that whole thing with papa and Natsuki (Anne Suzuki), it barely gets mentions and allusions here and there in the anime. Loved the Evo III's gauges, very cool and modern. Also, Jay can't seem to act for shit as many have said in this thread; he did the whole 'leaning on the arm' thing too much when driving (takumi almost never did this in the anime, instead maintaining a focus a lot of the time during a race), and doing the whole 'playing dumb and silent' thing too much, it just got old and transparent very fast.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
You shouldn't compare the movie to the manga/anime, they're completely diff typez of textz, and it would be impossible to mimic every aspect of the original characterz in the movie.

But I gotta agree wit you there Jay did the leanin while drivin too much.

santaslayer

HSC
The dude from Young and Dangerous (not Jordan Chan, the other idiot who thought he was kingshit with cars) was hillarious. :p

Bit of an anticlimax with suzuki the girl...nothing really happened.

Girls that go and watch movies in Market City are hawwwwt.

EDIT: Cars and Girls are supposed to go hand in hand. WTF was with the all boy scenes???

Last edited:

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
011 said:
I thought it was really inaccurate at a lot of points. Like Seiji (Evo IV) and I forgot the other emperor team member's name (with the Evo III) were never the sort to try and ram others, they were always about respecting others in a race.

Also, Nakazato never drifted in the GT-R. In fact, the whole race with him and the 86 in the anime was about him using GRIP and how he thought grip was superior to drift.

Thirdly, Ryosuke was never the type to hang around and bug Takumi and Bunta about various things - he'd always keep to himself and say or do something when the time is right. There was also never a race with 3 cars (the one involving 3 cars in the anime was because Ryosuke was the spectator in the FC), but I understand they did this due to compressing the plot in time constraints (this I believe is also why the had Takumi's engine blowing in a race at Akina, and not Akagi).

ALSO I think it was interesting that they developed that whole thing with papa and Natsuki (Anne Suzuki), it barely gets mentions and allusions here and there in the anime. Loved the Evo III's gauges, very cool and modern. Also, Jay can't seem to act for shit as many have said in this thread; he did the whole 'leaning on the arm' thing too much when driving (takumi almost never did this in the anime, instead maintaining a focus a lot of the time during a race), and doing the whole 'playing dumb and silent' thing too much, it just got old and transparent very fast.
Haha, you're trying to fit 24 eps + 12 eps + 1 full length movie into 2 hours. Remember you don't have the time to develop it over that amount. I thought it was quite a good movie for what they had, which was star driven and really could not encompass the totality of the anime/manga series.

Besides if we're at nitpicking where was keisuke? What in fuck's name was itsuki doing as the leader of the speedstars? Where was iketani sempai etc? Boo for not including the Sleighty race! (etc)

As you can see, you have to find a level playing ground to create a movie for those who have no idea of what it is, and only know of the stars, and those who know and expect things. I think they balanced it quite well.

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
i reckon they should've updated the cars...

although the cameo with a S15 Silvia and R33 was not bad ;)

more anne sukuzi eyecandy was necessary!

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Besidez, the story of ID iz still goin.
2 yrz ago I waz up to vol. 25 in the manga, now itz only up to 31. Talk about slow...

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
One of my mates owns a Silvia, fuck they're nice cars.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Initial.D.2005.PROPER.DVDSCR.XviD-WRD

:D

transcendent

HSC
N/A
downloaded Initial D. fortunately I didn't pay to watch it at Reading Cinema else I'd have demanded my money back.

Demandred

HSC
I saw the movie, damnit, someone start subbing it in english! I have no idea what's going on!

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
Demandred said:
I saw the movie, damnit, someone start subbing it in english! I have no idea what's going on!
it was in english. the one at reading cinemas, that is ;)

Original Soundtrack... just mainly instrumentals.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)