inner journey - creative writing peice.. need help (1 Viewer)

kaylena

HSC
:uhoh: any one have any ideas? my trials are this friday and i dont really have a basis to go with..

any ideas?

i know everyone says personal experiance. but any other ideas?
thanks.
x

EchoRyvre

HSC
Well ... you can't really have a story set until you get into the exam room, because of the array of questions they can ask ... just try to think creatively about something you know or have experienced ... have a few in mind before you walk in there and tweak them to fit what they're asking.

HSC
EchoRyvre said:
Well ... you can't really have a story set until you get into the exam room, because of the array of questions they can ask ... just try to think creatively about something you know or have experienced ... have a few in mind before you walk in there and tweak them to fit what they're asking.
i agree with this. i'd had nothing planned, and if i had, i would have tanked it as the question ended up requiring us to write in letter format. plus, sometimes the stimulus sentence can be difficult to adapt.

for my trial, i had writers block and had absolutely no ideas. in the end i figured i'd write about something really mundane/routine/ordinary - a bus ride (so it's physical as well as inner, just to make the journey more obvious) - in which everything on the side of the road was representative of / caused reflection on a certain part of the characters' life, using various symbols/simile/metaphor. meaning that even the simplest things in life can have great value / everything is a journey, whatever the marker wants to interpret from it.

in other words, if all else fails write about an everyday activity, something boring, and make some kind of thesis statement from it, or something like that. hope that helps.

EDIT: Oops, as usual i browse around without paying attention to dates. sorry, perhaps it can help for future reference?

wendus

krawr.
HSC
well actually you SHOULD plan a couple of storylines and do some practice papers to get you ready.

Clever Chick

2008- Year 12
HSC
EchoRyvre said:
Sorry i strongly disagree
i have a story that i have moulded to numerous questions
ihave also changed it to make sure it suits all forms
only someone who really didnt care would walk in n not have at least an idea and plan of the story

Anyone reading this PLEASE make sure you plan something otherwise your just screwing yourself over!

EchoRyvre

HSC
Some people can mould stories to fit a question and some find it very difficult, and I didn't say to go into the exam with nothing but dead flies and fluff in your brain - I said a few ideas.

I've read quite a few answers where people have had a whole story written up previously, gone into to exam and tried to fit it to the question, and totally wrecked the storyline and message in doing so.

Moulding is something like, say ... what they did in the Apollo 13 movie to get the CO2 levels down. They had a square filter to fit into a circular hole (or the other way around, I can't really remember), and they did this by adding other things and ended up with a big bulky thing that worked. However, it would have been way easier to just have a circle filter in the first place so it fits right in. I say it's easier to write a story from scratch with the question in mind ... but again, people are different, and they go about things differently. There's not just one correct way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)