inner journey [thumbs down] (1 Viewer)

albinator

HSC
ok so maybe i'm leaving this whole HSC thing to the last minute or whatever but carefactor is zero. i hav the inner journey oral persentation due on monday (22/11) and pointless as it may be (and pointless as the subject may be...), i have to do it. so does anyone have any suggestions or anything they would like to help me with in reguards to inner journeys and related text?? i'm thinking of doing the rainbow fish for one but i need another one..
PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

HSC
N/A
Ok! Calm down. How much have you done so far?

I'm sort of half-coaching another BOS member atm, if you want me to pm you my email addy so I can critique your work I'm more than happy to.

But anyway. The generic sort of question they're going to as is "How are inner journeys reflected in your texts". Look at how characters/protagonist/narrator changes. And techniques! Context - both of responder and composer, if relevant... things like that.

albinator

HSC
ooohh k thank you so much! i think i'm right at the moment but never fear - i will be back. sorry i didnt get back to u earlier or anything but thanx a bunch! :) hope ur going well doing whatever..

nick1048

Mè çHöP ŸèW
The Mat®ix Ordinates: Sector 1-337- Statu
HSC
advanced english can be wrote learnt... the hsc is a regurgitation of information not how smart u are... yes we noe....

but how else can they test u, get over it get ur UAI and get out of the system thats how u beat it...

goodluck

albinator

HSC
dont u worry i'm getting out of stoopid english asap! i still have to finish writing my presentation and i'll have to give it tmr... yay. thanx to u too :uhhuh:

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
getting the blood out of my caffeine system
HSC
nick1048 said:
advanced english can be wrote learnt... the hsc is a regurgitation of information not how smart u are... yes we noe....

but how else can they test u, get over it get ur UAI and get out of the system thats how u beat it...

goodluck
if you're a good enough student (and we presume you shouldn't be doing advanced unless you are), you should never rote learn your work. you should just KNOW IT WELL. parrots do not get good marks - what happens if you get asked a question you hadn't learned huh? the markers WILL discriminate if they see that you have written a standard essay with an intro and conclusion tacked on to magically link it to the question actually asked. you may think that they're dumb, but they're not. any person with half a brain can tell when a person has just regurgitated an essay.

hope it went well albinator

tennille

HSC
silvermoon said:
if you're a good enough student (and we presume you shouldn't be doing advanced unless you are), you should never rote learn your work. you should just KNOW IT WELL. parrots do not get good marks - what happens if you get asked a question you hadn't learned huh? the markers WILL discriminate if they see that you have written a standard essay with an intro and conclusion tacked on to magically link it to the question actually asked. you may think that they're dumb, but they're not. any person with half a brain can tell when a person has just regurgitated an essay.

hope it went well albinator
That is so true. In each HSC marking guideline, they mention how essays had been rote learnt. They're definitely not stupid.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)