Inner Journey: Unexpected Encounters (1 Viewer)

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC
How did you guys go with this? What this an 'unexpected' encounter?

cheesman

HSC
HA yoakim trust u to post this loll just joking
man, ironically the hwole question was an 'unexpected encounter'
none of my texts explored it really, so i scabbed and said two did
and that the other two didnt - they instead focused on pure life experience
so my whole answer was that my texts partially supported the idea that the inner journey revoles around unexpected encounters as several of them explore the idea of pure life experience instead.

howd u gogh?

starrysky

HSC
cheesman said:
HA yoakim trust u to post this loll just joking
man, ironically the hwole question was an 'unexpected encounter'
none of my texts explored it really, so i scabbed and said two did
and that the other two didnt - they instead focused on pure life experience
so my whole answer was that my texts partially supported the idea that the inner journey revoles around unexpected encounters as several of them explore the idea of pure life experience instead.

howd u gogh?
^^ Your reference to Van Gogh (whether intended or not) in your last last sentence made me smile.

My texts were average in this circumstance; not stellar. I only scraped three paragraphs out for my prescribed text, and they were filled more with explanatory shit than actual simple quote-technique-explain-link. My Place was the easiest to take unexpected encounters from, then Road Not Taken was a little more difficult, and then my related just had one example of it and I baulked.

I said that a range of texts did indeed show us that the world of inner journeys involves unexpected responders, and repeated the same wording for the link back so many times. Ehhh.

But I'm happy that it's over; the question was easy enough to link to (a personal response would've been hella hard for me, especially for Road Not Taken ...), so it was alright. Not stellar or anything, I think I could've scraped at least an 8 or 9 for my extended response ...

chemicalex

HSC
i thought it was pretty alright accttually
all u had to say is how the unexpected circumstances shaped the characters to realise their inner self and how without them they wouldnt come to that realisation.
basically talk about how these were part of the journey

i think :\

redherring

HSC
how'd you gogh? lol (if it ain't dutch it ain't much right)

the section was pretty straight forward i thought.

my answer was pretty much, journey...gaga gugu bikey

redherring

HSC
yoakim said:
lol you punny boy
hahah, yoakim you classic. that's my lame joke...
what is the nonsense about the emotional dichotomy? mtos on bos

Sean Pereira

HSC
This section was alright, pretty straight forward. I just spoke about a physical unexpected encoutner then linked that to a metaphysical unexpected encounter - realising how valuable it is to reflect on past etc, just to tie it all into the inner journey concept. Bullshit mostly haha.

"...gogh" yet another lame joke by chesse.

kiNg dee

HSC
unexpected encounters i fink was just another word for obstacles. umm i hope i did alrite! i used the film cast away which is generally pretty good for unexpected encounters as the whole plane crash was unexpected haha n yeahss [shrugs] so happy its OVER just another 6 more exams =/
[down with inner journeys] :)

aricho

HSC
N/A
i did cosi and journey to interior
talked about lewis not expecting to encounter characters like roy and getting bullied into doing cosi
journey to interior was easy talked about danger of journey and unexpected elemts of mind etc

ellirene

HSC
OMGOSH !!!!!!!!!!!
im such an IDIOT!

OF COURSE it means obstacles.........omgosh im seriously [innerly ahah] bashing myself over this now!!

FUCK!

okay so i came 1st over all out of like 137 people in standard english and my related material [at the time] was sooo not prepared for a question like that.
wow.

i suckkkkkkkkkkkk!

p.s, over all, does anyone know actually how much % that one essay was worth?
im definatley hoping something insignificant :/

starrysky

HSC
ellirene said:
OMGOSH !!!!!!!!!!!
im such an IDIOT!

OF COURSE it means obstacles.........omgosh im seriously [innerly ahah] bashing myself over this now!!

FUCK!

okay so i came 1st over all out of like 137 people in standard english and my related material [at the time] was sooo not prepared for a question like that.
wow.

i suckkkkkkkkkkkk!

p.s, over all, does anyone know actually how much % that one essay was worth?
im definatley hoping something insignificant :/
It is worth 15 marks out of the 105 marks of the exam, so that comes to being worth ... 14 and two-sevenths percent of the total exam mark ...

lisablah

HSC
N/A
the question was alrite. a bit harder to regurgitate everything and defintely harder than last years "inner journeys are about self- reflection" or sumthing..which to me was the easiest question. it was alrite though. could of probably linked more to question

-pari-

HSC
N/A
unexpected encounters = with unexpected obstacles yet also unexpected outcomes.

thats what my thesis was.

ballyy

HSC
yeah i used it as unexpected obstacles but then went back at the end and noted how not all unexpected encounters were necessarily bad bla bla. but i forgot all my my place quotes! all the generic ones too. i guess it was just stress. ahh so bad.

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
I did something about an unexpected encounter for the poem Of Eurydice, he never expected to go to the underworld to save his love and it has changed him. For A Righteous Day I said the poet had an unexpected encounter with himself, discovering a strength he didn't know he had. For my related text, Watchmen, I said that the encounter itself was not expected but the outcome of it certainly was, and for the Wind in the Willows I said that the characters represented the choice to go ino the unkown and experience the unexpected, hence undertaking an inner journey.

I don't know, it sounded pretty good in my head, lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)