Innovation Scholarships? :S (1 Viewer)

ay_caramba

Crazily Sane.
HSC
Has anyone received these yet?? I really thought I had a chance of getting one, but I havent heard anything from Maq n im not so sure anymore :( waah.

doe

HSC
N/A
i think at macq shoddy administration counts as innovation. thats why its the innovative university. :D

Sweet_Lemon

Final Sem'
HSC
errrr.....who can apply those scholarships? like wat UAI?? 98+??? or they just send out letters?? LOL......

CloudStrife

HSC
dun think u need to apply for it....its awarded to the students with highest UAIs in that course ....

ay_caramba

Crazily Sane.
HSC
u dont have to apply for it, it said that students that got between 98.7something and 99.45 are considered.. so why was i not given one?? whyy?? :(

CrashOveride

HSC
I'm in a similar situation, ay_caramba.

Because you are not doing actuarial, i would have thought you have a better chance of getting it. Maybe try call MQ? I did few weeks ago and i was on hold for about 10min before some woman *tried* to help me...she gave me some other number to call which was constantly engaged.

ay_caramba

Crazily Sane.
HSC
CrashOveride said:
I'm in a similar situation, ay_caramba.

Because you are not doing actuarial, i would have thought you have a better chance of getting it. Maybe try call MQ? I did few weeks ago and i was on hold for about 10min before some woman *tried* to help me...she gave me some other number to call which was constantly engaged.
ok thanx mate..im goin for enrolment tomorrow, so maybe i can ask an advisor or something

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
ay_caramba said:
u dont have to apply for it, it said that students that got between 98.7something and 99.45 are considered.. so why was i not given one?? whyy?? :(

What if someone got 99.50? are they not 'groovy' enough? Do they indeed verge into the realm of the freak-peoples?

CrashOveride

HSC
99.50+ qualify for the Super Innovation scholarships, i.e. 2.5K per year for the duration of the degree.

CrashOveride

HSC
So i just got an email back today from some administration:

"Thank you for your recent correspondence about the Innovation Scholarship. It is the University’s policy to consider all applicants to UAC between 98.5 and 99.45 for these awards. However, it is also the University’s policy to spread the awards to all of the different Academic Departments so that one academic area does not dominate over another. You can read more about this on the following link:

http://www.reg.mq.edu.au/Undergrad/Scholarships/2005 ScholarshipsHSC.pdf

The last offer of an Innovation Scholarship to an applicant in the Actuarial Studies area was 99.2. You should be aware that the different Academic Departments around the University do offer scholarships for continuing students (going from 1st year to 2nd for instance). These scholarships are advertised in early September of each year for the following year."

So, i was 0.05 off :( But then..this guy rekns his mate got 99.4 and didnt get anything =p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)