inpUTS scheme (1 Viewer)

sy37

HSC
I'm 100% sure im going to get the atar I need for the course I want at this point, but I'm just wondering how the inpUTS scheme goes? It's only fair if you've been disadvantaged for long term that it gets recognised b/c once your in uni everything starts to even out

I classify for these:

personal illness or disability

disrupted schooling

financial hardship

attending a school that receives additional equity funding.

Also it says "Students on the S01C and S01E lists receive an automatic (10) ten point concession based on their school alone." and my school is on that, so do I automatically get 10 bonus points just from going to a shit school or should I apply for the individual ones above? Do they stack past 10 points?

If I go from say 90 atar to 10 bonus points i.e. 99.95, will I be ranked the same as a person with 99.95?

JuliusSeizure

HSC
I'm 100% sure im going to get the atar I need for the course I want at this point, but I'm just wondering how the inpUTS scheme goes? It's only fair if you've been disadvantaged for long term that it gets recognised b/c once your in uni everything starts to even out

I classify for these:

disrupted schooling

financial hardship

Also it says "Students on the S01C and S01E lists receive an automatic (10) ten point concession based on their school alone." and my school is on that, so do I automatically get 10 bonus points just from going to a shit school or should I apply for the individual ones above? Do they stack past 10 points?

If I go from say 90 atar to 10 bonus points i.e. 99.95, will I be ranked the same as a person with 99.95?
i've been told that it depends on the course and its availability. So say its impossible to get into medicine with the bonus points cause its high demand course, but i've found that all the unis and UTS are good with facebook messaging, so just shoot a pm to them and ask the same question.

Flop21

HSC

I classify for these:

disrupted schooling

financial hardship

Aren't these ACCESS bonus points? Unis have to take in account these bonus points, I think the only difference is that they can choose the max amount they are allowed??? Not sure.

But yes, the bonus points will change your rank. So if you get a 90 ATAR, and e.g. 9 bonus points, you will be ranked next to someone with say 99, since you have 90+9points.

Pretty sure this is how it works.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Aren't these ACCESS bonus points? Unis have to take in account these bonus points, I think the only difference is that they can choose the max amount they are allowed??? Not sure.

But yes, the bonus points will change your rank. So if you get a 90 ATAR, and e.g. 9 bonus points, you will be ranked next to someone with say 99, since you have 90+9points.

Pretty sure this is how it works.
Urge that's wrong .

Bonus points get added onto your actual atar

If you get 70.... You'll have 80 or 79 with the bonus points

Flop21

HSC
Urge that's wrong .

Bonus points get added onto your actual atar

If you get 70.... You'll have 80 or 79 with the bonus points
No they don't? Well, no you won't receive a '80 ATAR' if you actually got 70.

You're ATAR is your ATAR regardless of your bonus points.

Bonus points boost your rank to make it the equivalent of say a 80 ATAR from your example. They are added on in this process, not the process of determining your ATAR.

Unless I've been reading wrong?

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
No they don't? Well, no you won't receive a '80 ATAR' if you actually got 70.

You're ATAR is your ATAR regardless of your bonus points.

Bonus points boost your rank to make it the equivalent of say a 80 ATAR from your example. They are added on in this process, not the process of determining your ATAR.

Unless I've been reading wrong?
They invisibly get added on ...

Wait that's the same thing as what you are saying hah

Flop21

HSC
They invisibly get added on ...

Wait that's the same thing as what you are saying hah
Haha I dunno. What I was saying is when you sit and get your ATAR online, that's your ATAR and it doesn't have bonus points.

When you put your preferences in, and all the other people apply for a certain course, there's a ranking of who gets in above other people, i.e. highest to lowest ATAR with a cut-off ATAR. Your bonus points are added on here, which will consequently boost your rank making it seem like you got an 80 ATAR instead of the 70 ATAR you received.

Is this right?? I thought I remembered seeing it in a document. I hope to get some ACCESS bonus points this year as well :D

Katsumi

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
HSC
N/A
Your ATAR is the number that you receive on results day, it does not have bonus points added and is global to all universities in Australia.
Bonus Points are points added to your ATAR based on a certain criteria, they are specific for each university. They are a modifier to your ATAR that only applies to the university that is offering said bonus points.

When you put your preferences in, and all the other people apply for a certain course, there's a ranking of who gets in above other people, i.e. highest to lowest ATAR with a cut-off ATAR. Your bonus points are added on here, which will consequently boost your rank making it seem like you got an 80 ATAR instead of the 70 ATAR you received.
Nailed it.

Katsumi

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
HSC
N/A
Your entrance rank will be 100. Your ATAR stays at 90 but the 10 points are added on as an external modifier. Meaning you will be above someone with a 99.95 with no bonus points. Think of the ATAR and Bonus Points differently

The ATAR is out of 99.95 (i.e. 99)
Bonus Points are a modifier added onto the specific ATAR, and are not bound by the 99.95 cap (i.e. 99+ 10 = 109)

sy37

HSC
What is the max bonus points you can get though?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)