Inspiration (1 Viewer)

super katie

BEHOLD!
HSC
There seem to be so many people who have either done a whole lot on their MW or have finished their first drafts. *shakes fist* I hate you all. Is anyone else finding it really difficult to find inspiration or to actually discipline themselves to write something? My teacher and my mum keep coming to me and showing and telling me things and asking if i'm feeling inspired. It gets so annoying. I know inspiration is different for everyone but any tips on how to hurry it along?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by super katie
There seem to be so many people who have either done a whole lot on their MW or have finished their first drafts. *shakes fist* I hate you all. Is anyone else finding it really difficult to find inspiration or to actually discipline themselves to write something? My teacher and my mum keep coming to me and showing and telling me things and asking if i'm feeling inspired. It gets so annoying. I know inspiration is different for everyone but any tips on how to hurry it along?

yes, do something you enjoy doing, and it'll usually come through that, or try a new avenue, not suggesting you do drugs etc, but just something new and exciting or something youve been meaning to do for a bit

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
Ideas come to you when you least expect it. My friend got hers in the shower. I was looking through an old magazine. But when you're doing things, don't think about it, coz it just might come to you.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by grk_styl
Ideas come to you when you least expect it. My friend got hers in the shower. I was looking through an old magazine. But when you're doing things, don't think about it, coz it just might come to you.
exactly

my idea came to form through a bored afternoon at school and the ceiling and imagining someone blow their brains out in school...really

elmostar

i also am in need on inspiration help. i have my plot outline, i know what i wnat to do the trouble is actually doing it. i'm scared that what if i start and it just all goes horrible wrong?i am really anxious about it and i know that its just going to get worse.:(

hotcocoababe

Sexiest BoS Member
I'm up there.... somewhere... gently floating abou
HSC
Yep, I have my plot/theme all worked out too, its based on a true story. my sub plot is teenage depression (its ok, i know that mental illness is a waaaay over-utilised genre, but i'll be careful not to stereotypicalise anything)............ my only prob is, I haven't even started my first draft yet! we only got our proposals back YESTERDAY...... I only got 12/20, not very happy. I can do way better than that. But yeah, i havent started my first draft yet! im halfway thru march, and not a story in sight yet *sighs* i think everyone else is way ahead of me, aren't they? but my journal so far is about 15 pages, so its not too bad. i just dont wanna start! im too worried about stuffin up, i think. I sorta have writers block. So at the moment, im still researching teenage depression.

skittlebrau

Originally posted by AsyLum
my idea came to form through a bored afternoon at school and the ceiling and imagining someone blow their brains out in school...really
Try working 44-hour weeks unpacking underwear in the holidays. I swear I came up with my entire story that week!

Serpentia

let's try posting again dammit

I find I think clearest after 11:30 at night, when the house is silent because everyone else in bed - thus there are no interuptions! However it means I am absolutely exhausted at school the next day :S

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)