• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Intake (1 Viewer)

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
lukebennett said:
oh you shud be fine (i dont think music is terribly popular). i thought youd already been accepted or was that someone else.
lets hope so. Thank you luke :)

Nah that wasn't me. Although I DID get a nice letter from UNSW though.

But yeah. *reps you*

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Survivor39 said:
I think it's more accurate to look at the enrolment for individual subject, rather than the combined number of students in all third year course.
for example, look how many student enrol in a compulsory subject in commerce, take away the approximate number of student in laws and arts (becasue they don't contribute to the cut off for B Comm, nor they are counted as the quota for B Comm)

Plus the cut off can't be 96 if the quota is 800....even though B comm is demanding.
The cutoff being 96 has nothing to do with anything, because you haven't taken into account full-fee'd international students (which take up probably half the numbers)

Also, the Commerce and Commerce/Arts have the same UAC code, so they are under the same quota.

I've checked enrolment numbers for 3rd year accounting in semester1 last year, and the figure was 550. Remember this figure is only students majoring in accounting, so there are even more Commerce students at UNSW

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
did you add up the enrolment for all third year subjects? Coz students taking one acct subject might take another subjects, so you might have counted 200 people doing the say 5 different subjects, and got 500 students.

mishka

HSC
N/A
happy cup said:
hey when they print the offers in the newspaper do they use ur student number or ur name?
... and do they actually name the course you've been offered, or just the UAC number?? :rolleyes:

hello99999

HSC
mishka said:
... and do they actually name the course you've been offered, or just the UAC number?? :rolleyes:
the uac number. but they also publish a list of the corresponding course names.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Survivor39 said:
did you add up the enrolment for all third year subjects? Coz students taking one acct subject might take another subjects, so you might have counted 200 people doing the say 5 different subjects, and got 500 students.
no, this 550 students was for ACCT3563 (Compulsory Level 3 subject for the accounting major)

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
lukebennett said:
i just looked up the usyd courses info thingo. but i found the intake when i looked up the usyd science site which there is a link at the bottom of the info page
hey, can u help me find it? im having trouble finding it for the faculty of business and economics. rather than going to the faculty page, can i look at it from the main site?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)