Integrated Journey essays? (1 Viewer)

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
Who's writing integrated essays? Or text-by-text?
All of my modules i do integrated essays but 4 texts is a killer and the concepts of journeys are different in all texts. Hellllllp!

impulse_17

HSC
text by text is a lot easier and probably also easier to adapt to whatever question you get

HSC
N/A
Text by text is certainly easier, but if you want good marks, you'd better start integrating! Your response is supposed to be sophisticated - which means we're all supposed to come across as english pros who would juggle 15 texts without blinking. Impossible I know (unless you're hiding something from me? lol) but try your best.

To make it easier look at all your texts and try to look for good integration points - eg if a particularly similar theme is in two or more texts, say something like "_____ in My Place shows that __________________. Similarly, in ______ the main protagonist also _________" etc etc.

I'm in the Integration Boat too, if it makes you feel better :)

rainonmay

floating around
HSC
i would integrate my stuff... but then it'll be all over the place.... easier for me to do text-by-text

malkin86

HSC
I try to integrate... I just take an idea about TJ and discuss how all the texts relate to it, or even if they contradict it.

MouNtY

i'm integrating.....it'll be slightly more difficult but if it gets the better marks then why not......gotta at least giv it a go

mayflower

by integrated, do u mean have some key ideas and then apply the texts u r using to the ideas. eg/ physical journeys led to greater understanding and then use examples from your texts?
because my teacher always said to do it text by text, but then in the holidays she sent us out notes from some lectures she went to and it went the integrated way, so i'm a bit confused at the moment :S

HSC
N/A
True, but you're less likely to get a good mark...

Integrated: Harder to get your head around, but if you want good marks, you HAVE to integrate.

Non-Integrated: Easier to manage but your response will not look as sophisticated and you have a decreased chance of getting a particularly good mark. However, if you REALLY can't integrate, I guess it's better to do text-by-text rather than stuff up majorly :)

bahodl

Currently wearing pants
HSC
glitterfairy said:
True, but you're less likely to get a good mark...

Integrated: Harder to get your head around, but if you want good marks, you HAVE to integrate.

Non-Integrated: Easier to manage but your response will not look as sophisticated and you have a decreased chance of getting a particularly good mark. However, if you REALLY can't integrate, I guess it's better to do text-by-text rather than stuff up majorly :)
I don't think you HAVE to integrate to get good marks. I have seen an exemplar Band 6 which doesn't really integrate but is still well structured. Although most markers I guess would prefer integrating because its a higher level skill and so you may not have to work as hard (not saying its easy if u integrate tho) to do well

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
bahodl said:
I don't think you HAVE to integrate to get good marks.
Yeah, I concur. But if you integrate, it shows better understanding of the concept of journeys and your texts .

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
iyamahobbit said:
If u integrate u run the risk fo being disorganised tho
Let's just say that we HAVE had a year to get the integration technique down pat :p

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Integration is easy. If you can't integrate clearly you're illogical or disorganised and should be doing visual arts or standard English :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)