• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Integration is the worst topic (1 Viewer)

EATAPIE

BMW>>>>Mercedes (see sig)
HSC
you're wrong, its not the worst topic.
integration is actually one of the easiest topics in the 4u paper.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
It's very easy to make a silly mistake along the working in integration, one error and it follows on down to the bottom. You should re-check your working unless you're very sure you've done nothing wrong.

DraconisV

Christopher Fife
HSC
Well I haven't done 4unit integration yet(only 3unit), so i can't comment there.

I used to hate complex numbers till a few days ago when i started to study harder, and revise all of complex numbers, it just comes to me easily, which is very good.

Graphs, ah graphs, the topic where you can score easy and one thing i like FAST marks. In the game of time in the 4 unit exam, graphs does help to get back at time.

Conics, ha, what can i say, its alright at the beginning but when you get to those really advanced parametrics, my mind starts to get scared, all of those trig substitutions, i dont know how people memorise them, hmm, im going to go have a think about how i can memorise em, hmm, cards maybe.

Well thats my two cents. Cya guys, good luck with 4unit.

Mikearun

HSC
what is conics stuffs , i just want to know the brief ideas of what it is like ? becoz some (most ) are complaining that it is hard :)

Raginsheep

HSC
Conics in 4u is mostly about ellipses and hyperbolas. If you've done parametric form of the parabola in 2/3u, then the questions types should be familiar to you.

It's considered hard because it generally requires alot of algebra bashing to get an answer.

Gowr

HSC
Integration is always the easiest topic... and generally is a gift question. I mean, considering how many integrals you will do as practice up until the HSC, you will be so proficient and drilled in them that you will be able to solve them without application of any thought at all. Similarly, graphing and complex numbers will usually be very doable, as with polynomials, and to a lesser extent mechanics.

What will kill you is the conics, which generally is just an evil, evil algebra bash, as well as the 'harder three unit', the deceptively named topic that will result in some bloody annoying geometry problems.

From experience, if you are so lucky as to get a paper with the first 4 questions being complex numbers, polynomials, integration and graphing you can knock those out of the way by the one hour mark.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)