Integration Question (1 Viewer)

Peeik

HSC
How do you paste the latex onto your comment if you use codecogs? Do you just copy and paste it like an image or do you write the latex codes and bos will read it from there?

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
tex brackets

[.tex] and [./tex]

remove the full stop

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
Essentially the same as original question, except complete the square at the bottom.

imsleepyz

HSC
Thanks Carrotsticks. One problem though, I'm used to substitution method when splitting up the fractions. But I can't seem to apply substitution or am I not seeing a trick behind it?

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Could someone help me out on another question please?

[HR][/HR]

Let's pause!"

I have deliberately left one with an uncompleted square. This is why, in the next step.

[HR][/HR]

Let us focus on the FIRST integral. Well you COULD use substitution, but you should reduce the integral from the form of:

The first part of our integration problem is,

Our form says, we need the derivative on the top. And a two on the denominator.

First, put derivative on the top!

(NOT FINISHED INTEGRAL! THIS IS A THOUGHT PROCESS)

But this is NO WAY its the same as our previous one. Top compensate, let's see what happens if we negative half it.

(NOT FINISHED INTEGRAL! THIS IS A THOUGHT PROCESS)

This is still not our integral, but if WE MINUS A HALF! SINCE our resulting integral has an EXCESS of a half, we get,

(Our first integral is done)

Expand it! And see if you get our ORIGINAL ONE!

[HR][/HR]

Second integral, use inverse sine!

(You already know how to do this.)

[HR][/HR]

Thus, we have!

Last edited:

imsleepyz

HSC
Wow Spiralflex! Thank you so much for the effort! Okay I guess substitution method does not seem to be reliable for this case, right? I'm going to adopt this new concept of integrating a sqrt function. Thank you!!! :)

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Wow Spiralflex! Thank you so much for the effort! Okay I guess substitution method does not seem to be reliable for this case, right? I'm going to adopt this new concept of integrating a sqrt function. Thank you!!! :)
No worries. Yes! Try it! It will cut your time in half! If you practice some! You can do it instantly in head! There are some good exercises in the Terry Lee textbook.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)