Intelligence difference and BF/GF capability (1 Viewer)

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
It's a legitimate concern for some people, especially guys, if their partner is smarter than them - it may sound odd but it's true. It can be intimidating and/or seem overshadowing if your girlfriend is more intelligent you. He just picked the "degree" example for argument's sake.
Well he's pretty shit for choosing a shit example then?

tcm_90

HSC
It's a legitimate concern for some people, especially guys, if their partner is smarter than them - it may sound odd but it's true. It can be intimidating and/or seem overshadowing if your girlfriend is more intelligent you. He just picked the "degree" example for argument's sake.
Actually the question had nothing to do with intelligence but rather the degree.

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
my boyfriend didnt even go to uni or finish year 12 (inb4dropkick).
hes in disability support work and used to be a landscaper.

im doing highschool teaching. got a pretty high uai and am in university, obviously.
we're pretty much perfect for one another.

Sarah pretty much summed it up

samthebear

HSC
if they even have this concern then they themselves are not secure enough in themselves to even think of getting into a relationship with someone who is supposedly 'smarter' than them. i mean just sayin' if you cant be secure being yourself and being secure in the knowledge that you are able to aim for someone 'smart' then you dont really deserve that person.

besides. being 'smart' isnt the be all and end all.

DownInFlames

Token Member
where I spend the vast majority of my time
HSC
I would argue that the degree you do is not representative of your level of intelligence, or whether you are a "high acheiver" as such. A person with a UAI of 97 may choose to do an bachelor of science/ arts/ whatever degree requiring a score of approx 60, work incredibly hard and be motivated to do their best towards their chosen career. Obviously some degrees are more difficult or require more effort than others, however this is not indicative of a person's intelligence, interests, personality, motivation, attraction.

EpicFailGuy

Banned
HSC
I don't understand why you people have to make shit so complicated.

If you like the person, and are attracted to them go for it.

If you don't, go fuck someone else.

/thread.

HSC
N/A
I don't understand why you people have to make shit so complicated.

If you like the person, and are attracted to them go for it.

If you don't, go fuck someone else.

/thread.
(Quoted for truthery.)
tcm_90 said:
Can the two become BF/GF? Obviously the Medicine girl was probably more highly achieving. Does this mean people doing medicine will only date other people doing medicine? This is the logic that one of my friends told me. He is doing commerce and said he'll never ever date a girl doing medicine/dentistry/any other "higher order" programs because that means she probably only goes for the super smart people.
There'll always be those who go for those who are smarter, less smart, or of equal intelligence. Synergy and whatevs isn't necessarily defined (solely) by, (or sometimes it isn't determined by), academic/cerebral similarity.

Human beings aren't defined by a particular set of rules, which makes ought to make your existence, and that of that Commerce kid, so interesting.

If she's an academic elitist, then the Commerce kid may as well make an ass out of himself, but learning the truth as to whether there is any kind of future for the intersection between Med girl and Com kid.
So I guess people these days are academic elitists?
No, you're an Alexandre Dumas.

And go, go academic elitism/biology/something.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)