• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Intelligence: Do you care? (1 Viewer)

a

• Total voters

A High Way Man

all ova da world
HSC
as long as the person isn't a complete dumb fuck to be honest only an ugly to average looking person would care about intelligence

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
yes and no

It's the whole package, if a girls a dumb shit, I could still find her attractive if she makes up for it in other areas

Ennaybur

HSC
N/A
A High Way Man said:
as long as the person isn't a complete dumb fuck to be honest only an ugly to average looking person would care about intelligence
so an attractive person would never find intelligence important?

A High Way Man

all ova da world
HSC
Ennaybur said:
so an attractive person would never find intelligence important?
no, at least not for the short-term. i know if i was particularly attractive i would care less about the intelligence of members of the opposite sex.

Ennaybur

HSC
N/A
A High Way Man said:
no, at least not for the short-term. i know if i was particularly attractive i would care less about the intelligence of members of the opposite sex.
lol blanket statement.
I know a few attractive people who find it quite important. There goes your theory.

A High Way Man

all ova da world
HSC
Ennaybur said:
lol blanket statement.
I know a few attractive people who find it quite important. There goes your theory.
they must be swans. look up their old pics.

Ennaybur

HSC
N/A
magpam said:
shes refering to herself
nah, i mean properly attractive (if directed at me)

they want a relationship to feel connected to soemone - they're smart themselves. This can only really occur if they're on the same wavelength.

by the same token i know a lot of attractive people who don't give a shit. (they *tend* to be 'less intelligent' but others are both)

all I'm saying is it's a stupid statement.

absolutlaura

HSC
A High Way Man said:
Thats the stupidest thing ive heard for quite some time.. a bit of a gross generalisation.. maybe?

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
absolutlaura said:
Thats the stupidest thing ive heard for quite some time.. a bit of a gross generalisation.. maybe?
Hi laura! Do you love jesus too?

A High Way Man

all ova da world
HSC
absolutlaura said:
is it... is it really?
consider a hideously ugly but self-aware individual on the look out for a potential "mate". would they judge the suitability of the potential mate by their attractiveness? i know if i was this hideously ugly but self-aware individual i wouldn't, because it's hypocritical. (maybe this is a particular inhibition that i have but others don't). i'd look for something else that I can relate to.

sorry for speaking darwinian

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
Vanoosh said:
consider a hideously ugly but self-aware individual on the look out for a potential "mate". would they judge the suitability of the potential mate by their attractiveness? i know if i was this hideously ugly but self-aware individual i wouldn't, because it's dishonest and hypocritical. maybe this is a particular inhibition that i have but others don't. i'd look for something else that I can relate to.
I think that necessity would make you lower your standards.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)