• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Intelligence: Do you care? (2 Viewers)

a

• Total voters

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
The real question should be "Do you care if your partner would rather discuss football than philosophy?" as that's all it effectively amounts to.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
A High Way Man said:
is it... is it really?
consider a hideously ugly but self-aware individual on the look out for a potential "mate". would they judge the suitability of the potential mate by their attractiveness? i know if i was this hideously ugly but self-aware individual i wouldn't, because it's hypocritical. (maybe this is a particular inhibition that i have but others don't). i'd look for something else that I can relate to.

sorry for speaking darwinian
nerd alert

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
A High Way Man said:
is it... is it really?
consider a hideously ugly but self-aware individual on the look out for a potential "mate". would they judge the suitability of the potential mate by their attractiveness? i know if i was this hideously ugly but self-aware individual i wouldn't, because it's hypocritical. (maybe this is a particular inhibition that i have but others don't). i'd look for something else that I can relate to.

sorry for speaking darwinian
I'm no model, but I still look for hot girls. It's a sign of insecurity forcing yourself to lower your standards imo.

Ennaybur

HSC
N/A
jumb said:
I'm no model, but I still look for hot girls. It's a sign of insecurity forcing yourself to lower your standards imo.
or realism?

If you're always aiming too high, yet you really want a relationship(/sex) then isn't it sensible to lower standards?

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
GOOD FOR YOU SON! What do you consider a hot girl?

A High Way Man

all ova da world
HSC
Enteebee said:
The real question should be "Do you care if your partner would rather discuss football than philosophy?" as that's all it effectively amounts to.
no i don't think people would go for pretentious twats; in my case "would you have your partner be capable of discussing both philosophy as well as [insert inane activity here]?" and the answer would be a resounding yes.

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
Everyone's capable of discussing both, it's a question of preference, which they prefer to talk about.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
Enteebee said:
GOOD FOR YOU SON! What do you consider a hot girl?
fobbers from pakistan

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Ennaybur said:
or realism?

If you're always aiming too high, yet you really want a relationship(/sex) then isn't it sensible to lower standards?
If you keep failing because you only go for a rediculous, specific type of girl, then yeah you need to become more open minded. However, the whole notion of needing to lower your standards is just a bad frame of mind.

Ennaybur

HSC
N/A
Enteebee said:
Everyone's capable of discussing both, it's a question of preference, which they prefer to talk about.
not just philosophy though, things like science, politics, economics, art
imao these all count as intelligent conversations

A High Way Man

all ova da world
HSC
Ennaybur said:
wtf?

of course some people do
it's beside the point, but holy shit you generalise.
;p that generalization was unintentional. that whoel post was overtly subjective,

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
jumb said:
If you keep failing because you only go for a rediculous, specific type of girl, then yeah you need to become more open minded. However, the whole notion of needing to lower your standards is just a bad frame of mind.
Think of attractiveness as wealth and a party as walking into a car dealership. You might want the sports car, but it's never going to happen, you probably won't even get a test drive - So just be happy with your fucking lancer because it probably doesn't think you're a porche yourself.

Ennaybur said:
not just philosophy though, things like science, politics, economics, art
imao these all count as intelligent conversations
To me philosophy covers pretty much the entire spectrum of the arts, I don't mean specifically meaning of life type shit lol

Ennaybur

HSC
N/A
jumb said:
fair enough, to me it just implies the same thing. lower standards = accept people who aren't 'x' = being more open minded, i guess.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Enteebee said:
Think of attractiveness as wealth and a party as walking into a car dealership. You might want the sports car, but it's never going to happen, you probably won't even get a test drive - So just be happy with your fucking lancer because it probably doesn't think you're a porche yourself.
Attractiveness is more your body's natural appearance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)