Interest Rate Rise (1 Viewer)

PrinceHarry

HSC
N/A
All economic data shows interest rate is rising because australians are getting too rich. Which is a good thing. If people cannot afford homes let them live in a stately mansions.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Government management can't compensate for a population of overspending morons.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
The Australian 7/8/07 said:
There is no surer way of putting even more pressure on inflation than by winding back the clock on industrial relations to the centralised and rigid system that Kevin Rudd and Julia Gillard want to introduce.

The solid wages growth we presently enjoy will spiral out of control in some sectors under Labor's pro-union system. Home owners across the country will end up the losers.

That's why Mr Rudd and his Patsy Premiers never ever mention IR when they talk about interest rates and housing affordability.

Justin Simon
Yeah, that's right.

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
excellent, pain and misery for those whom may seek to oppose our dominion.

Justin

HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
It's all Howards fault. If we elect Rudd he will lower them.
And John Howard's excellent economic management skills simply wont allow there to be a rise in interest rates. Never ever will there be a rise in interest rates. Never ever will there be a GST.

2syllables

Dango Daikazoku
HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
once again i see ignorance amongst the people of australia.....LIKE I SAY TO MOST PEOPLE IT IS NOT THE HOWARD GOVERNMENT WHO DECIDES THE INTEREST ITS THE RESERVE BANK OF AUSTRALIA FOR CRYING OUT LouD

they signed the independance paper with the govt a few decades back...so they have the duty to set the interest rates not the howard govt....however, before they realese the interest they do in fact inform the whole govt what they going to do...and they have to give reaons and evidence to why they rise the interest rates!!!

secondly, we dont what a stupid labour govt whom like many others like KEATING FOR EXAMPLE WHO CAUSED OUR CURRENT ACCOUNT DEFICIT TO GO OFF THE ROOF dont noe how to run the country.......Keating whom back then setted the interest rates was so lazy that he ignored inflactionary expectations and when it was too late he raised interest to freakin 16% - man that helped the country......NOT!!! WHEREAS WE ONLY RAISE INTEREST RATES IN BITES WHICH WILL NOT HARM THE COUNTRY

I DONT WHAT A GOVT WHO DOESN"T KNOW HOW TO RUN A COUNTRY :eek: I WANT MY CHILDREN TO LIVE IN A PROSPEROUS COUNTRY......

THIRDLY, the howard govt now has consecutively ran surplus for fiscal.....and the public sector net debt is ZERO OMG!!!!!:eek:

2syllables

Dango Daikazoku
HSC
Justin said:
And John Howard's excellent economic management skills simply wont allow there to be a rise in interest rates. Never ever will there be a rise in interest rates. Never ever will there be a GST.
MATE....DO U WORK?...>MATE....GST HAS ALLOWED INCOME TAX RATES TO DECREASE MATE......cause now there isnt much pressure on income tax as the source of revenue for the state governments....WITHOUT GST WE WOULDN"T HAVE OUR TAX DEDUCTED!!!!!

onebytwo

Recession '08
HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
remind the bos community what rates were at when howard was treasurer in 1982.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
i don't know where people get the idea that the government should be responsible for interest rate rises. if anything, they only got themselves to blame for spending too much and putting upward pressure on inflation.

i guess that's the aussie way of life, spend now, worry/whinge later.

2syllables

Dango Daikazoku
HSC
wuddie said:
i don't know where people get the idea that the government should be responsible for interest rate rises. if anything, they only got themselves to blame for spending too much and putting upward pressure on inflation.

i guess that's the aussie way of life, spend now, worry/whinge later.
explain how has the government spend too much...we should also blame ourselves mate!

kiwi

HSC
Im pretty sure that guy was reffering to the public when he said "they have themselves to blame" ^^^^

Banks really need to stop throwing out credit to idiots who say " i dont have the money BUT ill wack it on the card and pay it later ! yeah thats a good idea !, hey i need a house !, i know ! ill borrow 110 % of the gross and get some furniture while im at it !!!!"

financial institutions need to use a little more discretion when handing out the dough.

Last edited:

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
kiwi said:
Im pretty sure that guy was reffering to the public when he said "they have themselves to blame" ^^^^

Banks really need to stop throwing out credit to idiots who say " i dont have the money BUT ill wack it on the card and pay it later ! yeah thats a good idea !, hey i need a house !, i know ! ill borrow 110 % of the gross and get some furniture while im at it !!!!"

financial institutions need to use a little more discretion when handing out the dough.
yes because it is a banks job to not make money

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
withoutaface said:
Government management can't compensate for a population of overspending morons.
here, have your prosperity but im sorry guys you just cannot enjoy it.

kiwi

HSC
yeah, yeah. im aware of the whole "dont let emotion get in the way of profit" train of thought. But there has to be a line drawn when people can borrow 110 % of a loan and use two other credit cards to pay off another. surely banks realise that their fueling inflation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)