Interested in B Commerce (1 Viewer)

Ricky09

HSC
I have the UAI (93.65) to get into this course and it is my first preference, so does that mean i am definately in? Or are there other criteria?

And would it be possible to change into B Commerce/B Law after a year or so?

hypemaster

HSC
N/A
Why do so many people ask this question? Don't you people read the UAC handbook/website, etc...? Your gonna get a BIG shock when you start uni and are not spoon fed anymore. No one to tell you what forms to fill out, units to do etc. - you have to read all this for yourself, and no one is there to tell you if you havent done something or done something wrong, until you come to the end of your degree and cant graduate.

93.40 was the 2006 UAI cut-off. The 2007 UAI cut-offs are not released until after the offers are made.

NO. You are NOT definetely in. If the UAI cut-off increases, you wont get in in the main round offer. For B Commerce at the University of Sydney, the only criteria is a UAI greater than or equal to the UAI cut-off. (Don't forget the late-round offers if you are unsuccessful in the main-round).

Yes, you can change after a year into B Com/B Laws. It is a very competitive process and if your UAI is indicative of your academic ability, unfortunately the prospect of you transferring is low, when others who have UAI's of 97, 98 are trying to transfer as well and get D's and HD's. Transfers are based on grades; those with higher grades get in first and so on until all spaces are filled.

Hope this helps.

Ricky09

HSC
So i can do B Commerce for the 3 years then move into graduate law for another 2 years?

hypemaster

HSC
N/A
You do your B Commerce for 3 years. Graduate. Then, apply for Undergraduate or Postgraduate B Laws which goes for another 3 years.

Ricky09

HSC
One more question. I've tried searching the USYD website but can't find the answer. How many hours/days is the B Commerce degree a week? I will be travelling from the central coast and was curious as to how much time will be spent in the uni.

ditto.

HSC
Depends on what you pick...but personally,

I've never had more than a 4 day week with my day off making a three day weekend.

Hours have ranged from 12 hrs-15 hrs.

hypemaster

HSC
N/A
Yeah same... in first year expect 4 days a week, then in second and third year expect about 3 or even in some lucky cases 2 days a week... (personally for me it was 5 days sem 1 2005, 4 days sem 2 2005, 3 days sem 1 2006, 3 days sem 2 2006)

Its pretty much 3hrs per unit of study a week (with the exception of some first year units).

Choosing more common units of study means more lecture streams and tutorial classes on more days, and more flexibility in your timetable and the amount of days you will have to go in.

You gotta love commerce hrs (12-15) compared to engineering or science hrs (something like 25) :rofl: .

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)