Intermediate math/stats (1 Viewer)

Empath

HSC
I'm currently doing a B.C.S.T. degree and in order to graduate I need to do 1x second year maths/stats unit, but in the past i've barely scraped through (failed math1001, failed math1004. math1002: 51, math1013: 51, math1005: 51) and I dont think I can pass the math unit I'm currently doing (MATH2069: discrete math + graph theory).

Can anyone here who has done second year maths/statistics recommend or give advice on what 2nd year maths/stats unit a person that isn't too keen on maths should do?

I'm thinking about enrolling in number theory/cryptology next semester but the lecture slide stuff looks even harder than discrete/graph theory :(

Empath

HSC
velox said:
Do not do STAT2011.

Is that because of difficulty or ..?

I'm locked out of a lot of math units because I lack the math1001 unit as a prerequisite =(

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
Well I wouldnt say its too hard, (i mised heaps of lectures due to clashes), but its not that interesting. Most people including me found the final pretty hard.

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
Maths 2070... tha'ts financial maths? If it is, then it's fun, though the lecturer is rather monotoneous.

Stat was hectic. It's definitely one of the more useful one's. But it's hectic.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Honestly if you can't pass discrete maths/graph theory you're either not going to be able to pass any second year maths unit, or you need to work harder.

If you know anything about DE's maybe try mathematical computing and nonlinear systems, apart from that you're kinda fucked.

EDIT: To be clear, MATH2968 gave me a flat 50 when I had ~50% in the assignments, and only answered maybe 20% of an exam worth 80%. I refuse to believe that anyone who works hard at any unit can fail with scaling like that :/

Empath

HSC
Thanks all for the advices.. damn math results aren't out yet =(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)