Internal Course Transfer (1 Viewer)

crystalmeth

HSC
N/A
I'm currently enrolled in B Teaching/B Science but I want to change to just a B Science.
This semester I'm doing EDUC1003, EDUC1005, BIOL1001 and CHEM1010. Can I withdraw from EDUC1003 and 5 for this semester, only completing 20 credit points, transfer for next semester through the uni using this form (http://www.newcastle.edu.au/study/forms/ugprogramtransferform.pdf) and then continue semester 2 with my normal science subjects?

mrbassman

0.38 posts per day...meh
HSC
you will lose your centrelink if you drop to 20 credits (if you are on it).

You have to talk to your faculty about their procedures, its usually pretty easy to drop from a combined to a single degree.

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
be aware of the HECS census date and make sure you drop courses prior to this, otherwise you will have to pay for them

(i think it's close to the end of march)

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
On this subject, is it possible to 'internally transfer' between programs (ie. to a different program, not dropping part of a combined degree) without having to apply to UAC at the end of the year?

Cyph

espresso me up!
HSC
Captain Gh3y said:
On this subject, is it possible to 'internally transfer' between programs (ie. to a different program, not dropping part of a combined degree) without having to apply to UAC at the end of the year?
yeah, i transferred from comp. sci/commerce to commerce by filling out an internal application form. go and see your faculty if you want to do it.

crystalmeth

HSC
N/A
Where you able to transfer mid-semester or did you have to wait til mid year?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)