internal/external marks: totally lost someone answer this question please!! (2 Viewers)

repax

HSC
if your internal assessment marks are like band 2-3 but your external hsc exam marks are band5-6 is it possible to get above 90 uai?

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
Re: totally lost someone answer this question please!!

I dont think so. But i could be wrong.

LOL i still dont think so.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC

that depends on how your cohort goes in the external exam, because if youre getting band 2-3 internally, chances are that your rank must be below average.

-impactimposta-

HSC

seriously...?! wot r the chances of u getting a band 5 or 6 if uo internal bands r 2-3.
i'd say there is no hope of getting above 90 UAI coz u would average out and prob get band 4-ish

FromDeeEast

HSC

of course there is hope. it doesnt matter what bands ur getting, whats more important is ur rank and what school u go to.
Don't give up.

ctkid

HSC
on similar case...my school marks is approx 67(band 3) ...and my school rank was 68/74..i go to a top 5 school and say i was to get 84(mid band 5) for external...what would my moderated assesment mark be? approx?

EmilyFox

HSC
It depends mostly on what rank you were relevant to the rest of your year. The BOS takes no notice of actual marks/bands from internal assesment... just ranks as far as i know.

MathsIsWeird

HSC
Lol if they only took your ranks that would be so cool i did really good in ranks.
:) However, i doubt they do.
Dont they use your internal marks and moderate them with your external one's or something like that?

FromDeeEast

HSC
the use of the internal results are to find the spread between each student and there rank. For example in my ext 2 maths class there is only 3 people. the difference between first and second is say 5 marks, while the difference between second and third is 30 marks. It will moderate the internal marks u get from the school (obviously they will make the gap smaller) if the student who is coming third does do well.

understand?

repax

HSC
er....the boats still a bit rocky so i'm guessing - course marks help determine the scaling?

eppingMCE

HSC
repax said:
if your internal assessment marks are like band 2-3 but your external hsc exam marks are band5-6 is it possible to get above 90 uai?
Yes and No. it all depends on ur rank and how well ur Cohort goes, if everyone got like band 6 and 5 and u got band 2-3 then ur fucked for the HSC. but then if everyone else got around 2,3 and 4 if means ur school is marking way to hard and u all get scaled up if everyone gets 5and 6 in the HSC.... but its most likely ur screwed!!!

eppingMCE

HSC

FromDeeEast said:
of course there is hope. it doesnt matter what bands ur getting, whats more important is ur rank and what school u go to.
Don't give up.
Yes Give up and push my marks up lol.... i doubt u go to my school

repax

HSC

eppingMCE said:
Yes Give up and push my marks up lol.... i doubt u go to my school
No point cause we don't goto the same school. Also, it would in fact bring your marks down if I gave up, so you should encourage people like me rather than making derogative comments. HSC = ultimate example of KARMA!!!

COhex

HSC
And this is why the HSC is such a bad system... Having to rely on your classmates, so stupid. What is the point in it, so you encourage everyone in your class to go well? Luckily I ranked good in everything except English.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)