Internal/External Transfer? (1 Viewer)

lisaintan

HSC
My dream uni course would be a combined BA Communication (Journalism) + International Studies at UTS..but the ATAR cutoff is 98.6 and there's no way I'll get that.

I'm wondering, if I get the ATAR required for just BA Communication (Journalism) which is 91.40, would I be able to take up International Studies by the end of 1st year?

Alternatively, if I don't get into that but my ATAR is high enough for, let's say, BA Communication (Social Inquiry) which is 80.15, would I be able to transfer into Journalism and then take up International Studies after 1st year?

Another option: if my ATAR only makes the cut for Macquarie's Bachelor of Arts which is 75, would I be able to transfer to UTS by the end of 1st year into the combined degree I want?

Which would be easier: Internal/External transfer?

Pretty much I'm just trying to figure out my options because I really am set on transferring into the combined degrees but I know I won't get in first round with my ATAR.

erespall

Pirate Lord.. Arrr
HSC
Internal transfers are straightforward enough, just meet the required GPA/WAM, its generally a Distinction avg. so you should be able to get it by the end of 1st year without too much trouble. I'm doing Int studies too but at unsw. You might wanna look into bonus points too, i got them for UTS Business and unsw int. studies and got the offers too and my ATAR was only 90.70 too.

Oh and depending on the uni, internal transfers are waaaay easier than externals. At some Uni's they don't even consider your ATAR and just go by your tertiary marks instead like at unsw, hence why its possible to get into law from arts with say an 85 ATAR.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)