Internal Transfer- combined degree, adding international studies (1 Viewer)

lilman

HSC
Hi i am a first year student at uts and i was wondering if it were possible to transfer from my degree of engineering/business to Business/international studies. And also what would be the criteria for transfer?. Any help would be appreciated thanks.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
lilman said:
Hi i am a first year student at uts and i was wondering if it were possible to transfer from my degree of engineering/business to Business/international studies. And also what would be the criteria for transfer?. Any help would be appreciated thanks.
It is possible, and the criteria is pretty much grades and your statement - look here for details.

Phyuk_Yiu

http://co.bos.error2-1337
HSC
This is a little off topic but i might as well ask here. Does transfering from a single degree to a double degree that has one course from your faculty count as internal transfer.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Phyuk_Yiu said:
This is a little off topic but i might as well ask here. Does transfering from a single degree to a double degree that has one course from your faculty count as internal transfer.
It depends on which faculty manages the double degree - for instance someone in BA Communications can't do an internal transfer to BA Communications/LLB because the combined law degree is managed by the Law faculty. Whereas they can with BA Communications/BA International Studies.

So if both your current and prospective programs are under the control of the same faculty then an internal transfer is permissible, if both programs are controlled by different faculties then an external transfer would be required even if they share a common degree. If you wish to see which faculty controls your degree then look at the handbook entry of the course(s) and it should say 'Faculty responsible:' or somesuch.

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
Depends. I transferred from BScIT/DipITProfPrac to to BBus/BComp- I was allowed to because both belong to the IT faculty. I don't think it works if you want to pick up something like law though - best thing is to contact your undergraduate program director or someone in your current faculty to see if it can be done.

Phyuk_Yiu

http://co.bos.error2-1337
HSC
Thanks for the info kami.

The science faculty handles the business combined degree so ill be able to apply for internal transfer:)

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
I think he's trying to apply for an internal transfer from science to science/business.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)