Internal transfer (1 Viewer)

welbeck11

HSC
Hi I am currently a HSC Year 12 student and was just hoping to find out about internal transfers for UNSW law.

I'm hoping for an ATAR around 95 and I really want to do B Criminology and Criminal Justice / B Law

I know that an ATAR of 95 is not enough to get into UNSW law so I was wondering what I would have to do (i.e. how well would my marks have to be) in 1st year Criminology and Criminal Justice to get into law.

Also how many internal transfers do UNSW have for law per year

Thank you

Trans4M

HSC
Uni Grad
Hi Welbeck11, you can give the faculty a call to ask for specific details.

I am not entirely sure, as far as I know, the WAM requirement for transfer as now gone up. You will now need an average of 80 in uni to transfer into law. I believe they take accept about 100 transfers every year and this only happens once? Meaning you can only apply to transfer once a year and only for the first year. They take 100 applicants out of the whatever they have.

Readaholic

HSC
Uni Grad
Hi,
I'm currently in my first year of doing a B Criminology and Criminal Justice and am hoping to combine it with law next year (have had this hope since I was in your position last year!). According to UNSW in order to be competitive you need a WAM of above 80. However, this does not guarantee a spot so the higher away your WAM is from that the better. UNSW has guaranteed 100 places for internal program transfer into law next year. In order to apply you need to have completed one year of study already. This number may change in the future though. It's great you are considering all of this now. In the meantime try and find out about ways of getting bonus points eg. High Achieving Athletes and Performers scheme, AAA scholarship, ect and study hard (who knows you may not need this advice!). If you have any other questions let me know and I'll do my best to answer them : )

ali2536

HSC
Hi,
I'm currently in my first year of doing a B Criminology and Criminal Justice and am hoping to combine it with law next year (have had this hope since I was in your position last year!). According to UNSW in order to be competitive you need a WAM of above 80. However, this does not guarantee a spot so the higher away your WAM is from that the better. UNSW has guaranteed 100 places for internal program transfer into law next year. In order to apply you need to have completed one year of study already. This number may change in the future though. It's great you are considering all of this now. In the meantime try and find out about ways of getting bonus points eg. High Achieving Athletes and Performers scheme, AAA scholarship, ect and study hard (who knows you may not need this advice!). If you have any other questions let me know and I'll do my best to answer them : )
How is the B Criminology and Criminal Justice degree?I'm also very interested into it too!! :)

Readaholic

HSC
Uni Grad
Hi! Just letting you know I replied to your PM : )

baalish

HSC
is it still possible to get into law at unsw/usyd with an ATAR of 96-98? how difficult is the transfer process? Was also wondering, i was in a national model united nations final in canberra; would that be eligible for bonus points? (ive heard rumours it's very difficult to get bonus points approved if you're planning to do law

also, what's a AAA scholarship?

NBGHHS

HSC
is it still possible to get into law at unsw/usyd with an ATAR of 96-98? how difficult is the transfer process? Was also wondering, i was in a national model united nations final in canberra; would that be eligible for bonus points? (ive heard rumours it's very difficult to get bonus points approved if you're planning to do law

also, what's a AAA scholarship?
There are certain extra-curricular activities which allow you to gain bonus points into law.
This includes being a school captain, duke of ed etc. Each criteria has set bonus points. To get the whole picture, make sure you visit UNSW or USYD open day and inquire. Though i would recommend that you come to UNSW as it's the boss.

AAA Scholarship is a scholarship that gives you 5 extra bonus points and $4000 one-off payment. Each school in the state can select one student in their graduating grade to receive it. Normally, the best student (aka dux) gets the scholarship. However, other schools give it to students who really need it or have shown all-round skills. It is no doubt the easiest way to get into law at UNSW. Maybe ask you principal/deputy principal about considering you as a candidate for the scholarship.
Good luck :)

megaman64

HSC
Hi guys, I'm just wondering when do you start your application to transfer into law. Is it at the end of s1 2013 so you start to do law in s2 2013 or at the end of the year so you start law in s1 2014. I'm confused as this was on the law internal transfer site
"For students in non-Law programs, transfer to a Law dual degree program is only available in Semester 1."

Thanks

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
Hi guys, I'm just wondering when do you start your application to transfer into law. Is it at the end of s1 2013 so you start to do law in s2 2013 or at the end of the year so you start law in s1 2014. I'm confused as this was on the law internal transfer site
"For students in non-Law programs, transfer to a Law dual degree program is only available in Semester 1."

Thanks
end of the year

darkdog307

HSC
Yeah cheers saw them today, Wam of 74 seems incredibly low for Law, was it because it was only newly introduced?

Trans4M

HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah cheers saw them today, Wam of 74 seems incredibly low for Law, was it because it was only newly introduced?
Well if you getting a WAM of 74, you are almost getting a D average. That is pretty good. Most law students only get wams of Ds anyway. My overall WAM is like 75 atm.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)