Internal Transfer (1 Viewer)

Demise

HSC
In UNSW, how difficult is it for an internal transfer from a double degree to a single degree? What are the requirements?

Also, the Bachelor of Science course is 82, whereas Bachelor of Science (Comp Sci) is 91. Can't I just take the Science one and then add a major later on, or is that not how it works?

Last edited:

twistedrebel

HSC
thats not how shit works.

B sci (comp sci) cant be done in the average B sci. Same like B sci (nanotechnology) cant be done in B sci.

Also anyone with >80 can get into comp sci

Demise

HSC
thats not how shit works.

B sci (comp sci) cant be done in the average B sci. Same like B sci (nanotechnology) cant be done in B sci.

Also anyone with >80 can get into comp sci
Comp sci is 91... How can you get in if you're at just above 80?

Demise

HSC
a) FEAS
b) cutoff inflated
c) they will need to up enrollment
a) I applied for FEAS.

b) And you think that to? Apparently the cut-off is determined by UAC but that can't be possible since it never changed from 91.

c) Why?

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
In UNSW, how difficult is it for an internal transfer from a double degree to a single degree? What are the requirements?
Not difficult. As far as I am aware you do not need to meet any wam requirements at all as you are not transferring per-se you are simply dropping one degree.

85 is probably enough to get into most engineering streams.

Demise

HSC
not difficult. As far as i am aware you do not need to meet any wam requirements at all as you are not transferring per-se you are simply dropping one degree.

85 is probably enough to get into most engineering streams.
85 atar?

twistedrebel

HSC
a) I applied for FEAS.

b) And you think that to? Apparently the cut-off is determined by UAC but that can't be possible since it never changed from 91.

c) Why?

b) i know so, seen it first hand

c) the school needs more, more students == $$$$

anything over 81 and your in. Also with FEAS just applying is auto 10+ marks if you have show up to interview and just say why you want to do computing.

Yeah internal transfers you can easily get in when below WAM

Demise

HSC
b) i know so, seen it first hand

c) the school needs more, more students == $$$$

anything over 81 and your in. Also with FEAS just applying is auto 10+ marks if you have show up to interview and just say why you want to do computing.

Yeah internal transfers you can easily get in when below WAM
Man oh man you are a lifesaver! You've literally made my month. My hard work is paying off. :D

What do you mean with the last bit?

onedaysnotice

HSC
Man oh man you are a lifesaver! You've literally made my month. My hard work is paying off. :D
You and me both man, you and me both... xD I've still got the double degree on first preference though. What career are you aiming for?

Demise

HSC
Yes, 85 atar would almost certainly get you in. Perhaps even lower in some courses depending on the demand for them.
WOOOOOOOOO, I just did a mini-dance on my bed. I've been working my ass off for this and to be told that is amazing! I freaking love you!

You and me both man, you and me both... xD I've still got the double degree on first preference though. What career are you aiming for?
It's such a bad-ass feeling! I've got the double degree 2nd at the moment, since the comp sci course attracts me due to its flexibility and massive focus on electives. Career wise I'm aiming to start my own business, I've got a few good ideas right now. I'm the entrepreneurial type of guy, already sold a nice large website for just below $3k earlier this year. What about you?

twistedrebel

HSC
honestly there isnt that many jobs in media arts (just saying)

twistedrebel

HSC
as in if your WAM is 55 you can still transfer to something which wants WAM of 75

Demise

HSC
honestly there isnt that many jobs in media arts (just saying)
I don't even want to do it, I only want to do comp sci but I thought I'd never get into it unless I got 91. Now you tell me you need 81 and the other guy 85, I get 6 extra points so I only need 79 and I was looking at getting 88. I feel so good now, I'm still going to aim high but this is such a load off my back.

onedaysnotice

HSC
It's such a bad-ass feeling! I've got the double degree 2nd at the moment, since the comp sci course attracts me due to its flexibility and massive focus on electives. Career wise I'm aiming to start my own business, I've got a few good ideas right now. I'm the entrepreneurial type of guy, already sold a nice large website for just below $3k earlier this year. What about you?
Woah, link me to the site? I wanna see :D

You can also choose a major for the double degree as well, or so I've heard. If not, then I'm gunning for the regular comp sci aha. My career? I'm hoping to get into games development and start my own indie game company. And eventually, transition from iOS games into AAA titles :) Hopefully. xD

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)