Internals (1 Viewer)

xGhanem

HSC
Is it better for the relative gaps between each person to be small or large?
I got 73% in my chem half yearlies while the second ranked person got like 52%, so the difference is huge.
While in Physics I'm first but the second ranked person is very close to me.

xGhanem

HSC
So I'd be getting a better assessment mark in Physics than Chem because the difference between me and second is smaller? Wouldn't it make more sense if it were the other way around?

D94

HSC
N/A
Well since you are first, there's no difference. You are 'expected' to get the highest HSC exam mark, and your moderated assessment mark will just be the highest exam mark of anyone in the cohort, so how far you are from second doesn't matter. You also keep your own exam mark. The only risk is if you are tied with someone else, i.e. equal first, but it doesn't seem like that will happen.

xGhanem

HSC
Well since you are first, there's no difference. You are 'expected' to get the highest HSC exam mark, and your moderated assessment mark will just be the highest exam mark of anyone in the cohort, so how far you are from second doesn't matter. You also keep your own exam mark. The only risk is if you are tied with someone else, i.e. equal first, but it doesn't seem like that will happen.
Oh I see, so as long as I stay first, my moderated assessment mark will become my exam mark and therefore my final HSC? (If my exam mark is 1st)

D94

HSC
N/A
Oh I see, so as long as I stay first, my moderated assessment mark will become my exam mark and therefore my final HSC? (If my exam mark is 1st)
Yes, that. But if not, it will still be the highest mark of anyone in your cohort - whilst you are expected to get the highest exam mark, you might not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)