International business? (1 Viewer)

sweetalmond

HSC
N/A
I am primarily a humanities person and I have decided to major in international studies at Mac Uni.

I also want to minor in something and in the past week have begun to seriously consider international business as a minor if I don't minor in a language.

I just wanted to know a bit more about IB. If you can answer any of these it would be most helpful!

1. International Business. What's it like as a major/ minor? what types of things do you study and how would it be useful in a career?
2. Whether it would compliment or enhance an international relations major (which is politics/ modern history/ understanding the relationships between countries from a social, political, economic etc. perspective)
3. What types of careers can you go into with international business?
4. Is it a practical major that have a lot of job opportunities?
5. What types of people would studying this be suitable for?

The main reason I considered it is because I'm doing an arts/law combined degree majoring in international relations and I wanted to make the most of my degree and was wondering whether international business would broaden my job prospects, because a lot of international relations people work in financial businesses internationally or do work that requires knowledge of economics or business strategy etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)