International House! (1 Viewer)

nessie_lee

Povo Uni Student!
Knights territory.... and I'm a Doggies supporter!
HSC
After living off campus for a year and a half, I've been accepted for an on campus spot (hoorah!) at International House.

I was wondering if people could tell me what it's like.. The pro's and con's... Better still, what's the food like? This is the bit that intrigues me the most... am I going to be eating 2 minute noodles for the rest of my life?

I'm really looking forward to living on campus, i think it'll be a hoot! lol..

nessie_lee

Povo Uni Student!
Knights territory.... and I'm a Doggies supporter!
HSC
Just Click It said:
Isn't IH like 150 a week or something crazy?! I would have gone for a place on campus, but it's too expensive :eek:
Mate, have you been in the private rental market?... $153 a week including 5 nights a week dinner is pretty darn good. You don't have to pay electricity, water, gas, internet etc..... It's all covered, and you have the convenience of being on campus...

The noise isn't what i'm looking forward too... but i'll cope with it! :)

mrbassman

0.38 posts per day...meh
HSC
Food: You food will be provided by the same caterers that do Teds (and now the Hunter Caf). Its slightly above classic cafeteria food in terms of standard.

Noise: Im not sure what you mean here, but if you mean noise around your room thats not an issue especially in exam periods where there (i assume as Teds has one) is a strict noise curfew.

There are a couple of people at IH that are on this forum, i am sure they will answer your questions better.

Congrats on your place, its an achievement.

clive

evilc
HSC
N/A
nessie_lee said:
After living off campus for a year and a half, I've been accepted for an on campus spot (hoorah!) at International House.

I was wondering if people could tell me what it's like.. The pro's and con's... Better still, what's the food like? This is the bit that intrigues me the most... am I going to be eating 2 minute noodles for the rest of my life?

I'm really looking forward to living on campus, i think it'll be a hoot! lol..
*food - average to good
*lifestyle - awesome
*people - in general, OK

mrbassman, 8pm-8am noise curfew applies at IH during stuvac/exams, 10pm-10am during semester.

mrbassman

0.38 posts per day...meh
HSC
yea, same curfew here (no morning time specified since we have breaky :D)

clive

evilc
HSC
N/A
come to think about it, I think that the morning curfew is more like 7 or 8 for us

Just Click It

HSC
nessie_lee said:
Mate, have you been in the private rental market?... $153 a week including 5 nights a week dinner is pretty darn good. You don't have to pay electricity, water, gas, internet etc..... It's all covered, and you have the convenience of being on campus...

The noise isn't what i'm looking forward too... but i'll cope with it! :)
I'm paying 89 a week, and that covers all expenses... I supose I'm leaving out food, so I supose that's about even. Do you know if they do good veggie meals?

moz

Med Student
HSC
yeah we got vego meals every night. theres always 2 meat and 1 vegie option for the main course, you choose which one you want, and then do soup, salad, vegies, rolls, coffee, hot choc, dessert all yourself.

and clive's made 4 yrs here with me, so food can't be that bad! (personally i've got no complaints with it... it's cooked for us, u can eat as much as u want and they wash up the dishes, sweet arrangement if u ask me!)

so how u finding it ness?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)