International Law for Family (1 Viewer)

SuperCoolLoz

I read something that said the "stronger responses" looked at both domestic and international law for the two focus essays....i do family and workplace and for workplace i know of the ILO but im a little stuck on family.
Any suggestions?

Craig

there goes my hero
HSC
The Convention on the Rights of the Child (CROC) is the main international convention that you use for family. It created the 'best interests of the child' principle, which is the main focus of the Family Law Reform Act 1996.

MouNtY

you could try using International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights in relation to the Toonen v. Australia case..., and talk about how the Australian legislation breached article 1 of ICCPR

Last edited by a moderator:

impulse_17

HSC
from the syllabus:
outcomes> H1.1 applies domestic and international legal vocabulary in appropriate contexts
H4.3 explains rights and responsibilities and evaluates the provisions of domestic and international legal systems in addressing these issues.

if you look at the rest of the syllabus
the only place where it would really be an "appropriate context" to talk about international stuff would be for CROC as others have said... everything else is more domestically orientated.

like you can't really talk about how ATSI marriages are protected overseas can you... it's really only an australian issue... you can't talk about the Family Court of Australia because its a domestic thing as well... i mean they don't expect you to know how dissolution of marriage is treated in other countries and there aren't any international conventions that really set guidelines on it directly

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)