• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

International Recognition of Degrees (1 Viewer)

kat_16

HSC
I heard somewhere that Commerce/ Business/ Economics/ etc degrees from UMAQ are more internationally recognised than from any other Sydney Uni. Is this true?

X

xeuyrawp

ND said:
No (except BCom-ACST).
Heh. Love the brief answer :)

In short, as we've all said this about fifty times (you're new, so you may not know); the words 'most' 'best' 'greatest', etc, don't work well in life, especially when applied to an education.

A lot of people here think that their uni is the 'most', 'best', 'greatest', etc, and there's no way to argue it.

However, in this case, I would say that ANU, UNSW, and USyd may be more recognised for commerce than Macq.

Tabris

HSC
We are not the best, but we are better than most,

In terms of commerce, acst department stands out very well, as well as MGSM, but thats post grad only

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC
I swear there musta been about 50 threads about this :rolleyes:

X

xeuyrawp

Grizzly said:
I swear there musta been about 50 threads about this :rolleyes:
I swear there has been 150 posts saying that exact same thing.

New people ask old questions, get over it.

X

xeuyrawp

Grizzly said:
haha i reckon
but meh,
Lol. Sorry! I didn't mean to sound bitchy.

Note to self: NEVER use Americanisms like 'get over it' :p

I was just saying that it's hard getting old qs (note me even saying so!), but you just have to acknowledge it and move on.

My solution to old qs in the Ancient section has been to create 'stock posts', like

'Heya, you might find this info elsewhere: go here, here, and here; the last one having a long post that I've made before. Should be most of your info there. If you have more questions, don't hesitate to ask:)'

That way, you're both helping and not taking a lot of your time doing it.

That being said, I'm too lazy to find all the (huge number of) 'what uni is the best for commerce' threads. That you BCom guys' jobs!

^___^
HSC
i hate to break your heart kiddes

but the best uni for B Comm is definately MQ

like other "what uni is the best for <insert field of interest>" threads, i cannot provide any solid, if all evidence to back up my claim, but i'm just saying it cos thats what the G8 do anyway
so blah!

cr in accg

HSC
PwarYuex said:
Heh. Love the brief answer :)

In short, as we've all said this about fifty times (you're new, so you may not know); the words 'most' 'best' 'greatest', etc, don't work well in life, especially when applied to an education.

A lot of people here think that their uni is the 'most', 'best', 'greatest', etc, and there's no way to argue it.

However, in this case, I would say that ANU, UNSW, and USyd may be more recognised for commerce than Macq.
Yeah thats why sydney only offers one commerce degree and its shit. No one goes to sydney for commerce unless they are stuck up.. aka my friend.

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
unsw commerce > mq commerce... (based on the fact of industry links...otherwise its hte same shit...)
mq actuarial > unsw actuarial...because of reputation and perhaps content/teaching (not too sure on the latter)

with law...the other unis persist with their over-used superior reputation claims...but i dont think it matters too much...(you will still find a job..althoguh this reputation may give a head start to those in the other unis)

on a side note: Im seriously considering transferring into MQ Law...

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
do it next yr...so strugglers (like me) have a better chance.

X

xeuyrawp

cr in accg said:
Yeah thats why sydney only offers one commerce degree and its shit. No one goes to sydney for commerce unless they are stuck up.. aka my friend.
Actually, just from what I hear from people like my dad and his circle of friends, who are in the business area, USyd focuses on different things.

Different things, different prospective jobs, different people (who tell you 'X uni is the best'), different units, different majors.

No uni is intrinsically better.

Jimmy -- don't make the situation worse :p

cr in accg

HSC
PwarYuex said:
Actually, just from what I hear from people like my dad and his circle of friends, who are in the business area, USyd focuses on different things.

Different things, different prospective jobs, different people (who tell you 'X uni is the best'), different units, different majors.

No uni is intrinsically better.

Jimmy -- don't make the situation worse :p
yeah but we are only talking about commerce anyway

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)