International Relations/Law (1 Viewer)

gymer

HSC
I am wanting to enrol in International Relations/Law. Does anybody know if I need to do this online or if I should wait for O-Week?

I've enrolled in my two subjects for Law. I'm not even sure what subjects are available as part of International Relations. If anybody could help me then that would be greatly appreciated! Cheers

Chazure

HSC
Uni Grad
l assume you'll have to do POLS1005 - Intro to IR at the very least (excellent course btw).

As for the other remaining course, some IR students do a language, others do the other first year politics course (POLS1002), others do something completely random.

If you want more guidance you can wait till O-week but it will be crowded and chaotic and it's better to get it sorted online if you can.

cerebellum

HSC
You can't enrol for IR online if you're doing a combined degree.

I asked them through email.
On this page, http://students.anu.edu.au/manage/enrolment-instructions/first-semester/, it says that enrolment into College of Arts Single Programs and Undergraduate Law Programs can be done entirely online.

I know that Bachelor of International Relations is under College of Arts.

However, I am doing a double degree of both Bachelor of International Relations and Bachelor of Laws.

Since the page says "College of Arts and Social Sciences Single Programs", does that mean I can only enrol into Law online and that I have to enrol into International Relations at ANU physically?
Here's his reply:

That is correct; you will have to attend an enrolment session in person to be able to enrol in the International Relations component of your degree.

If you have any further enquiries, please don’t hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards,
Sean.
However, despite that, I think you should still add your IR courses online, just in case. But if you're unsure, you can always do it during the enrolment session.

Last edited:

gymer

HSC
Thank you both for your help - greatly appreciated! Once I opened the attachment in the enrolment email, I saw the IR subjects which I had to add for both semesters. However, I also want to study French as part of IR. Does anybody know the class number for French so I can add it?

danniomc

HSC
Does anybody know the class number for French so I can add it?
Hi Gymer, I think the class you want to enrol in is FREN1003, which is what I'm doing to in my IR/Law degree too!!!!! I enrolled in it via ISIS but I am going to go to Melville Hall too just to make sure I've done everything correctly. See you all next week!!!

cerebellum

HSC
Once I opened the attachment in the enrolment email, I saw the IR subjects which I had to add for both semesters.
Err when did you get this email? I haven't got one from IR yet...? Only one from Law. :/

cerebellum

HSC
Hi Gymer, I think the class you want to enrol in is FREN1003, which is what I'm doing to in my IR/Law degree too!!!!! I enrolled in it via ISIS but I am going to go to Melville Hall too just to make sure I've done everything correctly. See you all next week!!!
Sounds awesome. Did you do French for the HSC?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)