International Student Identification Card (1 Viewer)

yoddle

is cool
HSC
Hello.

Townie has rejizzed threads, but this falls into both travel and finance i suppose.

Does anyone have an ISIC? I am going O/S for long time this year and i thought they might be useful ... but are they? I had a dream last night that everyone said they're shit so that's got me scared. So has anyone used them overseas and are they accepted and common O/S, cos they don't seem to be so much here.

Fanks for da help.

Peartie

HSC
i had one when i first went os in 2006....really wasnt that useful....transport etc in Europe doesnt really have student prices for the transport so it doesnt help there at all...and many places are "under 25" rather than "student" prices....or will accept your australian student card....that being said there are some places that will only accept the ISIC....

BUT this is all for europe - other continents I know nothing about...

aussie-boy

HSC
I reckon I got the value from mine back, if only just... really depends if you're into famous tourist attractions.

Also, they sometimes define child as up to 18 - if you're 19+ then you're better off with one

Anyway its only like $20 right?

NB: Dont waste your money on the YHA/ISIC combo... most YHA hostels are horrid - the private ones on hostelworld.com etc are much better

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)