International Studies 2005 (1 Viewer)

stazed

HSC
N/A
Well, I have just been accepted into this course. :D

Was wondering who else is doing it and also if anyone knows how big the canditure is. I never did find out how many places there were.....

Lots of fun to look forward to! :eek: :uhhuh:

Last edited:

stazed

HSC
N/A
Wow....
All these people who got 92.15 or better to get into this course and not one of them is on BOS!

Lovely :rolleyes:

stazi

Nightman
HSC
I dont understand that course what kind of subjects would u be doing

stazed

HSC
N/A
Lots of interesting things! :uhhuh:

*Geopolitics
*World Politics
*Economics as a Social Science
*International Economy and Finance
are the core junior units.

There is a focus on international politics, and how this impacts the global economy. You are encouraged to study a second language and spend a semester in the country of that language. A major in an Arts Component is also strongly recommended.

It's got me written all over it! :D

stazed

HSC
N/A
1Time4thePpl said:
nice course, but the politics puts me off.
Yeh it's not for everyone. Seems like it's put the entire forum off to! :(

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
what course you do and the candidature etc doesn't really mean anything
you're just doing the subjects that current students are already doing, or a different version of them. it's the makeup of your degree that is different

stazed

HSC
N/A
Toodulu said:
what course you do and the candidature etc doesn't really mean anything
you're just doing the subjects that current students are already doing, or a different version of them. it's the makeup of your degree that is different
Yeh I'm aware, I was just curious :)

Although I would like to know who else is doing this because it's highly likely we'll be sharing some classes....

stazed

HSC
N/A
Hmm, on the other side of the coin, there is nothing I would hate more than studying American culture.
And saying that "this course was almost pointless at Adelaide Uni" and then assuming it must be the same elsewhere, but for some reason ANU is better, doesn't really fit with me.

I have no problem with someone who doesn't want/like the course, but I'd like to know how your experiences have brought you to this conclusion. I highly doubt Adelaide lecturers teach the same as USyd Lecturers, and I also wonder why you think ANU would be better.

And lastly, why "IR theory"? because at USyd you can't go to America? Well I plan on going to France for the second time.... so i'd say there'll be a good practical element for me ;)

What did you end up accepting by the way?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)