International Studies 2006 (1 Viewer)

phrred

HSC
madelyn said:
Just wondering, the 2006 UAC guide lists "journalism + media" as an int. studies career opportunity - how does the course relate to journalism/media? At the moment I'm tossing up between: communications/int. studies, law/int. studies, or communication/law, but would ideally like to find something which incorporates all 3...

Also, is it possible to do two languages with european studies? And if I choose language studies and study two, what happens with exchange? Do I spend one semester in each country?
sorry not going to be much help.
guessin a knowledge in politics/international relations will help you in journalism and writing essays will help you practice professional works.

my friend is doing the language stream i think, japanese and chinese. shes spending time in both Japan and Beijing University

Miliux

Livin' in Amsterdam
HSC
madelyn said:
Just wondering, the 2006 UAC guide lists "journalism + media" as an int. studies career opportunity - how does the course relate to journalism/media? At the moment I'm tossing up between: communications/int. studies, law/int. studies, or communication/law, but would ideally like to find something which incorporates all 3...

Also, is it possible to do two languages with european studies? And if I choose language studies and study two, what happens with exchange? Do I spend one semester in each country?
Well there are some international studies course which has some law stuff. eg. International Law, International Security...

Back to original question. i think it's a better idea to do communication/law. International Studies is like a glorified arts course.

madelyn

HSC
Is it? I mainly want to do it for the language component...

bubble

Moo
HSC
My friend applied for a transfer from B Arts to International studies, she was told she would need a distinction average preferably around 80- the higher the better - its very competitive.

And distinctions are quite hard to get in arts.

janice123456

HSC
How come Int Studies @ UNSW is 4 years but the same degree @ USY is 3 years?

Miliux

Livin' in Amsterdam
HSC
janice123456 said:
How come Int Studies @ UNSW is 4 years but the same degree @ USY is 3 years?
UNSW is 4 years because it's focused on humanities.
USyd is more focused on economics.

UNSW made a new stream where you can study in Economics faculty by studying BIS. Created a new stream called International Business.

Miliux

Livin' in Amsterdam
HSC
For those who have questions in regards to BIS in UNSW, drop me an email. I have had several members enquiring about the degree so far and they were pretty satisfied with the response.

P.S: I will do peer mentoring for first year students.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)