international studies (1 Viewer)

-[Kakashi]-

HSC
Originally posted by saladsurgery
i'm doing design (visual communications), which is in the same faculty. i've got a few friends doing industrial design though, and they all seem to like it.

lots of sketching, technical drawing and so on...personally, not really my thing... i was never much of a design and tech person... there's alot of work in it, i think... and if you don't make the uai, you can just do straight industrial design, and transfer to ind. des./international studies at the end of first year, based on the marks you get that semester... it doesn't matter if you transfer then, because the course structure looks like:

1st year: regular degree
2nd year: regular degree + international studies
3rd year: regular degree + international studies
4th year: in-country study
5th year (and 6th year if your degree was 4 years originally): finish regular degree

so everyone doing any sort of international studies doesn't start till 2nd year.
ah.. i c i c...
thx a lot salad-sensei...:)
hows visual communication like...?

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
check out this thread:
http://www.boredofstudies.org/community/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9883
it has some info in it

it's a pretty cool course.
lots of hands on work, a bit of computery stuff too though..

lots of work though. at the moment i have... *counts*...

8 assignments. one due sunday, one due wednesday, and the others a bit longer-term.

the flipside is i don't get any exams, so i get longer holidays by a good six or so weeks every year :D

-[Kakashi]-

HSC
question...
in International Studies...
the first 2 years is learning the lanuage right...?
and even if i knw no knowledge of that language i'll get taught from the basics.. right..?
and wat else do u learn abt it..? indepth study of culture and society...?

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
the first two years is language and cultural/social stuff. they have different level programs for different level language proficiencies, i think (eg. if you studied it the hsc or whatever). you don't have to have had any previous experience with the language though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)