Internet @ Uni (1 Viewer)

vincent26

HSC
N/A
Hey i was just wondering is it just me and my first year friends or is it very hard to get log into the uni net?? We all cant use the OneNet to connect to the internet, on my mac it logs in and then goes "No internet connection". For the Macquarie University Internet one, we can connect but when we open a browser and try to go to a site, always has a connection timeout error. I just wanted to know if theres a trick to getting on it or is it for everyone??

Monstar

HSC
No trick, its just fucking bad.

like the education here.

blackrider89

HSC
Use a laptop or at least an Iphone to log on. No hope with a cellphone.
Pretty bad, but I assume it's the same situation for the unis in NSW (UTS included).

Last edited:

hungryaussieyum

HSC
N/A
The internet is so slow and shit here at mq. Computers are slow, outdated and cheap they use cheapest motherboards -small form factor.

the pcs at efs labs are horrible, requiring you to put up ID card wtf, and whole infrastructure is terrible (requiring login with public login studxxx/efs labs).

X

xeuyrawp

I really have to agree. Ironically by attempting to buff up their wireless service, they've made it so unusable. When wireless was first introduced, there were of course not as much coverage across campus, but at least you logged onto one network which was reliable (albeit a bit slow and not great of coverage). Now it's all over the place.

Last edited by a moderator:

dolbinau

HSC
+1. Fucking pisses me off now. (It did used to be fine in 2009/early 2010).

Ritz1024

HSC
N/A
ahahah, yeah ever since after the holidays can't access any net on my macbook. Yeah MQ computer labs are all over the places.

P.s: printing pretty shit too.

HSC
Yeah I agree but don't bother using OneNet, Macquarie Public works the best and or then Macquarie Uni Wireless. Well it works for me...

kpro

HSC
OneNet's been good for me lately, connected instantly everytime I turn on my laptop the last 2 weeks.
I hate using all the computer labs at uni except the Computer Science ones. They had Core2Duos in every PC on the ground floor, except now they've replaced several rooms with Core i5's. Much better then labs run by other departments. As for the speed of internet in those labs http://www.speedtest.net/result/787987562.png

dolbinau

HSC
I noticed the internet worked surprisingly well yesterday..maybe it is making a come back.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)