• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Internship (1 Viewer)

shArkEe

hey im just curious about the 12 months internship, does the uni actually find a job for you or do you find it yourself, and does it hafta be in second and 4th year or can it be any time we choose ? thanx

mjlucas

HSC
shArkEe said:
hey im just curious about the 12 months internship, does the uni actually find a job for you or do you find it yourself, and does it hafta be in second and 4th year or can it be any time we choose ? thanx
You do 2 internships (6 months each) over the length of you degree. It is up to you to find the job. The Engineering Faculty does have a service called i2MS which allows companies to post jobs and for you to apply to them, however there are more students than job offers so you will have to do some job hunting yourself.

tomekz

HSC
I read its paid internship? How much do you get paid rufly?

mjlucas

HSC
tomekz said:
I read its paid internship? How much do you get paid rufly?
Yes, most engineering internships are paid. It is up to you to negotiate your pay however on average the first internship is around $450-$500/week.

MoNNiE

HSC
the best way to find yourself an internship is to apply in newspapers or network out (eg your parents know of ppl that would be willing to take you on board for 6 months -- providing you will abid by the conditions of work pay etc.

you could also write letters out to companies asking about them taking you on board for work...show interest etc etc..(remember .. your trying to promote yourself!)

if all comes to worse, and u can't seem to find a job.. offer your services for free.. because in the END the work experience is worth more then the money!

i'm doing mine now.. good bludge :p.. cept half the managers arn't back yet..when they do, i'll be weighed down with stuff :)

Vangineer

Treehugger
HSC
monika,

where are u doing your internship at?
I still need to do EPP1

I also need to do EFS and OOP next sem

MoNNiE

HSC
Hey van....
umm i'm doing my internship at Ryde Council..

why didn't u do EFS last semester u dill! BUT neways biggest load of shit..that subject..
and good luck with OOP..
if u haven't done ENC .. GOOOD LUCK WITH THAT!

u need to enrol in EPP1 in person, you can't do it over web enrolments...

Vangineer

Treehugger
HSC
Iv done ENC

havnt done EFS because I did med sci 1
havnt done OOP because I did med sci 2

but now stupid me dropped med sci 2,
so have to do EFS and OOP
luckily my med sci 1 and 2 were counted as my electives, so its good = )

Timmay

HSC
hey can we actually look at what kind of jobs the i2ms thing is offering even if we arent doing an internship the next semester? like i just wanna see what its actually like...

Timmay

HSC
like ive been 2 the website and it says i gotta register for it but i dont really wanna be registered for something i can exactly do...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)