ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Tusitula said:
racism (say ray-siz-uhm) noun
1. the belief that your own race is better than any other
2. unpleasent or violent behvaiour towards members of another race

macquarie dictionary

seems to me my 1st and 2nd definitions is what i am talking about. i do my research, i'm not that much of a dickhead
why argue with the use of another dictionary???

If using the definition "2. Discrimination or prejudice based on race. " I think its quite valid. He pulled out the dictionary first and defined it first! lol.

(I'm use to debates)

First to define it, first to set it.

Tusitula

cute (ugly but adorable)
HSC
ur_inner_child said:
why argue with the use of another dictionary???

If using the definition "2. Discrimination or prejudice based on race. " I think its quite valid. He pulled out the dictionary first and defined it first! lol.

(I'm use to debates)

First to define it, first to set it.
arghh god read my previous posts.

(i used to be on the debating team)

(and no, that doesn't give a person credibility)

HSC
Tusitula said:
racism (say ray-siz-uhm) noun
1. the belief that your own race is better than any other
2. unpleasent or violent behvaiour towards members of another race

macquarie dictionary

seems to me my 1st and 2nd definitions is what i am talking about. i do my research, i'm not that much of a dickhead
That's an interesting definition they've chosen, mine was from dictionary.com, though before I posted I also did check it in merriam-webster and it matched almost perfectly.

Either way though, my initial point still stands, hbk_ace's assertion that being prejudiced against your own race is still racism, remains valid, at least by some definitions of the term. Logically, it follows that it's probably not terribly fair calling someone thick just because they don't use your definition of the word, which was all I really intended to comment on. :)

Tusitula

cute (ugly but adorable)
HSC
if hbk said i was prejudice then i wouldn't have bothered refuting it because i am. I would like to think i am a brutally honest person.

Racism should not count (logically) if you are having a go at your own race. You are entitled to mock your own race because in essence you are mocking yourself.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Tusitula said:
if hbk said i was prejudice then i wouldn't have bothered refuting it because i am. I would like to think i am a brutally honest person.

Racism should not count (logically) if you are having a go at your own race. You are entitled to mock your own race because in essence you are mocking yourself.
You aren't just mocking yourself if you mock your own race. If you mock your own race, YOU ARE MOCKING A RACE.

So if you mocked asians, regardless of you being an asian or not, I'd be very insulted.

Tusitula

cute (ugly but adorable)
HSC
ur_inner_child said:
You aren't just mocking yourself if you mock your own race. If you mock your own race, YOU ARE MOCKING A RACE.
but you are, to say your race is absent of flaws means your deluded

Dougie

Procrastinating Member
HSC
no race should be mocked, even ur own, period... unless it is OBVIOUSLY a joke and all r cool with it.

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
Komaticom said:
Hm...
A racist either thinks one race is better than another, or, one race is worse than another, but a racist doesn't think all races are equally shit... Hmm...

I ain't racist then, and not by my definition above.
racism starts when it gets malicious... when its not funny any more and you seriously belive what you say then its racism

take this. our new bus drive sent me a message that went like this

no friends?
no girls?
people allways picking on you?
people disrespecting you?
cant find a job?

its time to look in the mirror and ask yourself.....

am i a coon?

now that shit is fucked up. i saw the fuck today and told him he was a dick and to never send me shit again... he said you know its true dont be so uptight...
what a fuckwit

Seraph

Now You've done it.......
HSC
N/A
wtf lol , i got the exact same message on an SMS only it says "am i a gook" at the end , yea its pretty slack!

btw , your bus driver sent you this??? Wow , what a jackass... sucks when so called "mature" ppl say shit like that....

derrida

Old Hack
HSC
OMG i cant believe this is actually a freaking issue australia is fucking the most racist country in the fucking world...... FUCK

PEOPLE!!!!

people are people.

if you think a person is somehow different because of their race, then you will see differences.

If you think that person is no different, you will see simularities.

Fo ever persons simularity there are 1000 differences anyway. But in some peoples mind for every difference there are 1000 simularities.

Its all in your head. And in australia we are born and bred freaking racist.

EbonyKisses

HSC
inter-racial relationships, racism n others

all i have to say is yeah, there is alot of racism in australia, but its not outright racism. alot of people look down their noses at people of different cultures or background. i know first hand, cos i have an african heritage. most people think that the black people in australia are all refugees, not true. my mum is a doctor, and i hopefully will be a psychologist, i'm not from sudan and i never fled any war. even though i dress and speak like everyone else around, i sumtimes get those smart-asses who come up and say shit to me.

another thing, for black people (in ausralia) there hardly is such a thing called inter-racial ddating. why cos people are scared of whats different. i myself have gone out with an indian guy, a black guy and a mauritian dude, but never a "white" guy, why? cos like i said, people are scared of whats different. then arises the problem of my formal coming dis yr, tell me who the hell is gonna ask me out?

HSC
EbonyKisses said:
all i have to say is yeah, there is alot of racism in australia, but its not outright racism. alot of people look down their noses at people of different cultures or background. i know first hand, cos i have an african heritage. most people think that the black people in australia are all refugees, not true. my mum is a doctor, and i hopefully will be a psychologist, i'm not from sudan and i never fled any war. even though i dress and speak like everyone else around, i sumtimes get those smart-asses who come up and say shit to me.

another thing, for black people (in ausralia) there hardly is such a thing called inter-racial ddating. why cos people are scared of whats different. i myself have gone out with an indian guy, a black guy and a mauritian dude, but never a "white" guy, why? cos like i said, people are scared of whats different. then arises the problem of my formal coming dis yr, tell me who the hell is gonna ask me out?
mayb u havent been out with a white guy because YOU dont like them.....

i agree that racism is present in australia but when you generalise a race because of the people you know ... you are creating racism urself.

i have no problem dating other races.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
when can BoS, full of "educated" people surpass the colour of people's skin and treat each individual that steps into their lives without linking them to generalisations and assumptions?

I suppose our baser instincts tell us to fear those who are different and segregate ourselves to a group to feel like we belong to something.

Whether it be segregating yourself to a "hotter race".

Which is even more superficial.

I hate people.

SweetSeasons

HSC
I don't care what race just as long as they've got a cute smile and treat me right

HSC
i used to restrict myself too greek / italian girls only but that was because my primary school was full off aussies that hated anyone that wasnt / didnt act aussie and i detested that ... but everything seems to be alright now, im sure theres both racist aussies and greeks

so in short answer, i pritty much dont have any preference now, its all about what they look like and personality not race

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)