• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Interstate scholarship application - HSC units? (1 Viewer)

katastrophe

HSC
NB: I'm new to the boards, so sorry in advance if I don't quite follow etiquette or something!

I've just started my scholarship application for USyd (a bit late, I know; especially since we're already on holidays and I need a school endorsement!) One section asks for the "subjects you are taking at the NSW HSC, IB or equivalent". As a QLD student, I've written down my 6 subjects, but I'm not sure what to write in the "Units" column for each subject, or the "HSC trial result (if available)" and "Position in year at trial (if available)" columns.

At the moment I've decided to ignore the last 2 columns, but can anyone advise on what I should write (if anything) in the "Units" column? Thanks!

ashllis92

HSC
In NSW subjects have a unit weigting which is basically a measure of how much work is required for that subject in terms of class time. Most subjects are worth 2 units and most extension subjects are worth 1. I don't know how the QLD thingy works but maybe you have a similar system?If not I guess just leave it blank

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)